Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

A bit disappointed Phillips is playing tonight. Ah well. Don't know what that means to be honest. Maybe we move on now. We definitely need at least one capable defensive mid and soon.

It means nothing imo. He’s currently contracted to them, so he plays for them. The only reason he wouldn’t would be is if had agreed a fee, at the least I think.

To be honest though, I don’t think this one will happen. Just too much money being quoted, and no shifting by either side. 

• Like 2

Yes I'm inclined to think he really doesn't want to leave enough right now. And that's fair enough. May be totally wrong but thats what it feels like at present. I think our new midfielder will come from elsewhere 

• Like 2

It's not based on that, but just a hunch based on the assorted whispers. Wisdom of the crowds etc. There's BS everywhere but there seems to be decent noise about him not wanting to leave, etc. Hopefully I'm totally wrong mind

So, on the basis there is 65 pages of this thread and the press have been saying we are interested for weeks, I will take a punt and say that there is no way that this is happening. Pretty much all of our signings have been sudden with no prior press knowledge. This just doesn't feel like it.

• Like 2

When Milner left us for Man City the deal had already been done when he played his last game for us. I can’t remember who we played, but it was a league game and he was MOTM. Playing in a preseason friendly doesn’t mean a lot either way. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

When Milner left us for Man City the deal had already been done when he played his last game for us. I can’t remember who we played, but it was a league game and he was MOTM. Playing in a preseason friendly doesn’t mean a lot either way. 

West Ham. Ripped them apart. Albrighton full debut and looked incredible. Future looked bright, even if Milner was destined to leave. Incredible to think about the sequence of events that followed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

West Ham I think 😭

Agreed though, him getting minutes tonight in a friendly against Guiseley means nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

I doubt Wolves will be in for him, most of their signings are either Mendes agents, or play for one of the clubs that Mendes has big connections to. Besides, Phillips plays exactly the same position as Neves, so would be a strange move.

I have seen a piece about AC Milan interested in Neves, possible cash plus player deal

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2019/07/ac-milan-propose-player-exchange-with-wolves/

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Philips playing centre half. Games on YouTube for anyone sad enough to watch it

Less chance of getting injured at centre back and thus scuppering his move I imagine ( he says, clutching at straws)

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

West Ham. Ripped them apart. Albrighton full debut and looked incredible. Future looked bright, even if Milner was destined to leave. Incredible to think about the sequence of events that followed.

That’s a very misleading benign phrase to sum up the following 10 years of largely undiluted horse manure !

Wouldn't surprise me if he stays at Leeds, ends up being average next season, and this thread gets looked back on in disbelief at how you were all so beguiled by the idea of paying £20m plus for someone who's had one decent season - in the Championship.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â