Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Sign all the players ..... ! 

Id say so yes as I think Douglas Luiz will be utilised further up the field leaving Hourihane and Nakamba as DM, and we all know Conor isn’t one of those. Probs just agent BS to get his contract sorted.. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Too late, its gone and not arsed 

Leeds will also want more now as window nearly closed

Probably.

Unless Kalv fancies Premier League football and wages now, instead of some time, maybe.

Don't forget there's always an outside chance Leeds will fall apart and fail to get promoted.

At that price it’d be good business. At the previously quoted 25-30 mil - no way. 

I don’t think buying Marv and Doug makes this deal a no go, in fact I can definitely see Smith’s approach with a lot of central midfielders and with only the full backs covering the wings. Last season he couldn’t play this way due to personnel but I can easily see Villa playing all 5 of Phillips, McGinn, Doug, Marv and Jack in the same team with no out and out wingers. It’d be a very fluid system especially with Wesley dropping deeper.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

Lets say Luiz isn't as fantastic as everyone is going for. Lets say he gets injured, suspended or just doesn't settle. That leave us with Marvelous to cover both McGinn and the dmc role. And lets be fair, Marvelous could struggle as well. 

I think you can argue a case for also signing Phillips. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets say Luiz isn't as fantastic as everyone is going for. Lets say he gets injured, suspended or just doesn't settle. That leave us with Marvelous to cover both McGinn and the dmc role. And lets be fair, Marvelous could struggle as well. 

I think you can argue a case for also signing Phillips. 

There is also no guarantee that Phillips can make the step up as well.

Maybe we should sign him and then another midfielder as a backup 😀

I'd like us to sign him (but I think a second striker is our bigger priority right now) and I hope he regales us with a new range of underwear in claret and blue... I quite fancy owning a pair of 'Kalvins...' for those special match day nourishments of the romantic sort.

• Haha 1

Â