Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the Prime documentary on Leeds and Kalvin comes off so well in it.  If Leeds don't go up we have to go back in for him. He seems class on and off the pitch. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Watching the Prime documentary on Leeds and Kalvin comes off so well in it.  If Leeds don't go up we have to go back in for him. He seems class on and off the pitch. 

If things go well this season, we’ll be aiming for far better player to play in Europe for us 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Was keen on this one but signed a new 5 year contract earlier this month.

I don't think that will make any difference to be honest, it really is a case of if Leeds get promoted he will stay and vice versa.

If the rumours are true that we offered £20 million and they were holding out for £25 million then I wish we had stumped up the cash, that said I have been reasonably impressed with Nakamba and Luiz so not the end of the world.

My worst nightmare would be our two clubs swapping places next season and them sniffing around our better players, but far from an impossible scenario.

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I don't think that will make any difference to be honest, it really is a case of if Leeds get promoted he will stay and vice versa.

If the rumours are true that we offered £20 million and they were holding out for £25 million then I wish we had stumped up the cash, that said I have been reasonably impressed with Nakamba and Luiz so not the end of the world.

My worst nightmare would be our two clubs swapping places next season and them sniffing around our better players, but far from an impossible scenario.

He's decent and I would have liked to see him at VP but probably not a £25 million player atm. And Marvelous is only going to improve. 

I'd like to think should the worse happen and we go back down we have the financial backing to not have to sell to the likes of dirty Leeds should they go up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

He's decent and I would have liked to see him at VP but probably not a £25 million player atm. And Marvelous is only going to improve. 

I'd like to think should the worse happen and we go back down we have the financial backing to not have to sell to the likes of dirty Leeds should they go up.

I think we'd be able to keep this swuad we have together, when your Owners have billions and unless crazy offers come in. I'd say if we went down, I'm comfortable that we would be playing the championship with the squad we went down with.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

I think we are shopping in a different market now. Phillips has missed the boat.

He wasn't that good anyway. Just a persistent fouler. He admited it to Grealish after the leeds game. I predict he will spend the rest of his career in the lower leagues then be a fixture on the after dinner speaking circuit at the gary owen stringing out the story about how he turned down a move to Villa.

It's declan rice we should be looking at....especially after he tweeted his love for the real claret and blue. rice mcginn and grealish now thats what I call liquid silk.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I think we are shopping in a different market now. Phillips has missed the boat.

He wasn't that good anyway. Just a persistent fouler. He admited it to Grealish after the leeds game. I predict he will spend the rest of his career in the lower leagues then be a fixture on the after dinner speaking circuit at the gary owen stringing out the story about how he turned down a move to Villa.

It's declan rice we should be looking at....especially after he tweeted his love for the real claret and blue. rice mcginn and grealish now thats what I call liquid silk.

Listed at about £90m when United were/are interested.

Think we might struggle to sign him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This ‘’shopping in a different market’’ phrase, Chris Wilder said it about us, I don’t think we’re in a position to think like this. Currently, we are in the relegation zone, with the possibility of being relegated. I know it’s early in the season but I really don’t think we have been outplayed in any of the matches so far. We’re in the same market as the rest of the bottom 14 teams, we just have to try and finish above them like Wolves did last season. 

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I'd wank all week at the thought of watching that three on a Saturday afternoon.

I saw an article recently where Declan Rice asked Pellegrini about a loan move to Villa last season, imagine if that had of come off with an option to buy!! I'd have run out of tissues ages ago!

I think he's absolutely fantastic and really don't want Leeds to go up so we can try and sign him again.

In terms of confidence receiving the ball under pressure there's only Grealish better in the squad for me.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's absolutely fantastic and really don't want Leeds to go up so we can try and sign him again.

In terms of confidence receiving the ball under pressure there's only Grealish better in the squad for me.

I don’t think if we stayed up that we’ll have a look at him. We’ve already get some good choices in our midfield. Its our front line that could get changed as a whole. We might get some young talents out of nowhere as a backups instead the likes of Lansbury, but I think thats it.

• 4 weeks later...

Think this ship has sailed and not sure if we really need him?  Also, Leeds and Albion will get promoted this season barring disaster, as the Championship is quite poor.

No way Leeds will sell at the end of the season if promoted either.  

• Like 2

Â