Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

39 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Can you imagine the difficulty a team promoted via the play-offs would have? They would have to release or sell players they no longer wanted in the squad, find their replacements, negotiate a deal, integrate the new signings into the team with little to no friendly matches, scout their upcoming opposition etc. Not to mention the difficulties the ticket office would have in selling tickets in such a short time window....

Sounds a bit like us at the start of this season. ;) 

The ticket office is unlikely to have any problem with selling tickets though, I doubt there will be anyone allowed to attend the games for a fair old time yet. 

• Like 1

I just watched the Troy Deeney Clip with Piers Morgan. I admit to being wrong about him. He made some very good points and any footballers who lives with anybody who has health concerns should be excused. At the same times if schools return that is a far bigger issue than the return of the Premier League  although obviously more important in the greater scheme of things. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I just watched the Troy Deeney Clip with Piers Morgan. I admit to being wrong about him. He made some very good points and any footballers who lives with anybody who has health concerns should be excused. At the same times if schools return that is a far bigger issue than the return of the Premier League  although obviously more important in the greater scheme of things. 

We may be 1-2 years away from a working vaccine. We have to get out there eventually.

I'd say replace them with some of the U23 players. Would only be good for the league.

Maybe young Indiana can get a crack? 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes these U23 players are superhuman so cant spread the disease

All players are weekly tested and tested 3 hours pre game.

It's safer than most work places

Edited by villalad21

So it looks like all the clubs are on board with the restart.

1st Phase: Training without contact. Could last up to 1-2 weeks

Phase 2: Full contact training. The clubs want to have full contact training at least 21 days before the restart.

These coming weeks and the progression being made is vital in the prospect of restarting 19th of June.

It's interesting who doesn't get an opinion at those meetings - there's no place for players, for referees, for managers, or for fans - all of whom are stakeholders and have both an interest in Project Restart and bodies that represent them. You get a vote if you're involved in the money and nothing else matters.

#WeAreOneTeam

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

All players are weekly tested and tested 3 hours pre game.

It's safer than most work places

Yes, all players and those connected with being at the game are tested. Fine.

The problem is that the UK government are failing in there promises for 100k people per day to have tests. This promise has been increased to 200k per day by the end of May. So far it's around the 75k mark. The chances of hitting the 200k mark are remote to say the least.

So essential/key workers are not being tested yet those associated with football which is non essential are. It is morally wrong.

I have no problem with football returning, but testing of essential/key workers should take the priority. Why not test all teachers to allow kids to get back to school?

When there are enough tests to cater for these people then football should follow. Not before. 

The Government and the Premier League are imorrel in letting this happen which is clearly a decision based upon pound notes.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Yes lets parade a trophy around an empty stadium ...FFS 

Looks like trouble in France , season was ended as belief was season had to be ended by 3rd August which wasn't accurate 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/uefa-president-ceferin-the-ligue-1-2019-20-season-could-have-taken-the-whole-of-august-if-it-needed/

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We may be 1-2 years away from a working vaccine. We have to get out there eventually.

I'd say replace them with some of the U23 players. Would only be good for the league.

Maybe young Indiana can get a crack? 

What does it do for the "integrity" of the league though?

Relegation will be determined by games played between weakened teams, played in empty stadiums. Good for the league, obviously.....😡

I hope they get it all going at some point for it to all fall over and end like a Carry on film.

No health impacts on anyone but where something like,  no one ever watches the games,  they don't stream properly,  everyone turns off after 10 mins to go outside and do something less boring instead,  false alarms for Corona within teams,  matches called off as fans outside stadium.  There must be more things that can go wrong ?  Ending in Farce and acrimony is where Im at,  where in the end LiVarpool just get a tiny trophy and not the real one the words removed.  

Betting,  how the **** can you price Home teams at Neutral grounds ?

Betting,  anyone know the odds for relegation ? (I can t look at work) (For the bottom 6)- Guess 4/7 Villa ?

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I hope they get it all going at some point for it to all fall over and end like a Carry on film.

No health impacts on anyone but where something like,  no one ever watches the games,  they don't stream properly,  everyone turns off after 10 mins to go outside and do something less boring instead,  false alarms for Corona within teams,  matches called off as fans outside stadium.  There must be more things that can go wrong ?  Ending in Farce and acrimony is where Im at,  where in the end LiVarpool just get a tiny trophy and not the real one the words removed.  

Betting,  how the **** can you price Home teams at Neutral grounds ?

Betting,  anyone know the odds for relegation ? (I can t look at work) (For the bottom 6)- Guess 4/7 Villa ?

"They" will probably be fairly satisfied if Liverpool can get over the line and all teams having played an equal number of matches, while broadcasting as many games as possible to fulfil as much of the TV contract as they can, before it all collapses.

Edited by fightoffyour