Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

They are testing at the White House as much as they are anywhere in the world and people are still turning up positive there.  Also the idea that the players are all going to be good little soldiers and stay inside their bubble is a little far fetched.  There will be players that break out and there will be infected people who get in despite the best efforts of the testers.  It is a matter of when not if a player or players get infected IMO.  They reckon 300 people per stadium per game.  There is no way all of them will have the same standard of quarantining.  Do that for 10 games over 20 teams, never mind any travel that may be required for Euro games and there is no way the bug doesn't get in somewhere.

• Like 2

Now we’re back training I think it’s certain the season will start again and play to a conclusion, or to a point where the bin dippers can be awarded the title and PPG implemented to decide final placing. Given that, I think Villa should be going full tilt to gain any possible edge in terms of fitness. If we have full size indoor pitches then I’d be getting the players into contact training ASAP out of the gaze of camera lenses, as you can be sure that some other clubs will be seeking to gain similar advantage. Some clubs have been back training for a couple weeks already. Hitting the ground running will be huge upon restart, we must not be found wanting in terms of fitness. Get the lads doing their individual social distance drills, then get them indoors having competitive contact training asap. We could train at Villa Park, couldn’t we? May as well get them acclimatised to playing at the stadium whilst it’s empty of fans, utilise every possible advantage. Leave no stone unturned. 

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

For the record i actually don't support Trump -_-

Although i don't understand what Trump has got to do with this thread

Same level of credibility

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Hmm we all know that football players aren’t real humans but maybe he’d like to actually spend time with his young family whose health he cares about protecting so much?

This is just one of the single stupidest things ever written here, and there are a lot to choose from. You are almost 100% certain that no one will get infected because they get tested “regularly” (reportedly every 3 days).

You do realise that footballers/staff are just as likely to get infected as anyone else at any time, and if that occurs 2 hours after leaving training when they had a test upon arrival, that leaves another 70 hours before their next test to spread it to other players and anyone else involved, completely unnecessarily (they would still spread it to family too but that would’ve happened with or without football)? Testing doesn’t prevent infection FFS.

1. No. I was just trying to offer a solution. He is free to stay at home if he wishes, but if he want to keep playing and not risk his family this is a possible solution.

2. No they aren't just as likely to get infected as anyone else. Other workplaces doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of safety measures they'll be using at the training ground.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1. No. I was just trying to offer a solution. He is free to stay at home if he wishes, but if he want to keep playing and not risk his family this is a possible solution.

2. No they aren't just as likely to get infected as anyone else. Other workplaces doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of safety measures they'll be using at the training ground.

I talked about a player picking up an infection outside of the training ground, where they are just as likely to catch it as anyone else, and bringing it in between tests. On the training ground well maybe they will have more safety measures than most places (maybe they won’t though, you’ve simply assumed this), but no amount of measures are going to stop infection spreading during contact training (and probably even non contact too).

• Like 1

I suppose then you just simply send the player home for two weeks. I believe this happened with Claudio Pizzaro (yes he's still playing believe it or not) and Werder Bremen played last night without him. Obviously if it's 3-4 players infected at some time that's a bigger problem and I agree the premier league would have to be called off again.

In March you had Arteta infected and I assume he was at the training ground with the players for a day or two without being diagnosed so would assume the situation would be different now with more testing around.

Government haven't half got off the hook with the testing fiasco aswell, can't really understand how key workers still aren't being tested. It should be more of a national daily talking point then "when is lockdown getting lifted."

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Society would collapse if everyone had the same mindset as Deeney.

I'm just saying. Imagine if health workers had his mindset.

You'll be safer on the training ground than virtually any other work place. It's close to zero chance of infection.

But fair enough. He got the money normal people doesn't have to stay home for years without problems. You do you Troy. Most of us have to get back to work, can't hide away at home forever.

Wow, just wow, have a heart man! Deeney has an ill child at home, he's putting them first.

Tammy Abraham is worried also about someone in his family too.

Health workers have an obligation to help people get better and care for them that is their job, in contrast Deeney does not, he plays a sport. I cannot believe you need this spelled out; oh my this is trolling surely?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wow, just wow, have a heart man! Deeney has an ill child at home, he's putting them first.

Tammy Abraham is worried also about someone in his family too.

Health workers have an obligation to help people get better and care for them that is their job, in contrast Deeney does not, he plays a sport. I cannot believe you need this spelled out; oh my this is trolling surely?

1-2 players per club being in extraordinary positions being out is manageable.  Yes i understand him refusing to play because of a sick son. Such rare occurrences needs to be respected.

For the rest. The show must go on.

You won't get it on the training ground because everyone is tested.

I'm almost 100 % certain no players or staff will get infected during this training period.

I think even if 1 or 2 players testings come back positive, it shouldn't be a major problem. The only problem is if one club gets 4 or 5 come back positive then create an unfair advantage for other clubs as they would have to self isolate for 2 weeks and wouldn't be fit for the season restart. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think even if 1 or 2 players testings come back positive, it shouldn't be a major problem. The only problem is if one club gets 4 or 5 come back positive then create an unfair advantage for other clubs as they would have to self isolate for 2 weeks and wouldn't be fit for the season restart. 

Well yes. Although i highly doubt any club will have that many considering the safety measures we're using.

The good thing is the players recovering are likely to become immune.

You won't get it on the training ground because everyone is tested.

I'm almost 100 % certain no players or staff will get infected during this training period.

Sometimes "almost certain" isn't quite good enough....

3 minutes ago, John said:

Sometimes "almost certain" isn't quite good enough....

I don't know what is quite good enough for you. It's not 100 % safe in Germany yet. There is no vaccine, yet i don't see you complain about that.

That it's safer to train and play games than going to the grocery store is a basic concept i don't expect voiders to understand.

Hard to answer this one to play or not to play. I think we have to try and see it from their position not our own 

After 9 weeks off I want  to go back to work, I need to go back to work, I feel that if I dont get back soon they will get used to working without me.

I think the risk is minimal 

On the other hand If I could afford not to go. Would I still take the minimal risk 

• Like 1