Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

It seems like they're going to go ahead with the season no matter what now, and the only thing that will stop the season from being finished now is if it restarts and a load of players start coming down with the virus.

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't have Sky or BT, I'm looking for the club to explain how I can't get to see a thing I've already paid for but people who haven't paid for it can. There should be a requirement for clubs to provide streams to season tickets holders.

At this point I was going to say Youtube again but then I actually realised what you mean with say the Chelsea game which was going to be a Sky half 5 saturday game and I presume Sky will still show it but obviously you can't get to watch it at the ground or watch it at the pub. Or at home if you don't have Sky. Interested what email response you get from the club.

Can only think clubs will get permission to put the games on Villatv aswell for season ticket holders.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can only think clubs will get permission to put the games on Villatv aswell for season ticket holders.

That's what I would hope, but I really can't see it happening as it would take money out of the pockets of the broadcasters and the whole purpose of Project Restart is broadcaster money. Ultimately TV money matters and fans don't.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's what I would hope, but I really can't see it happening as it would take money out of the pockets of the broadcasters and the whole purpose of Project Restart is broadcaster money. Ultimately TV money matters and fans don't.

Ok so then if Sky etc get to screen all these games inc 3pm kick offs how the in heck to the clubs owe money back ! 

Also do Sky etc have the infrastructure to show all PL and Championship games ..

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It should be on the net as then you're giving as many platforms as possible for fans to stay in on weekends and watch games rather than going out which will still be key over next couple of months.

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Ok so then if Sky etc get to screen all these games inc 3pm kick offs how the in heck to the clubs owe money back ! 

Also do Sky etc have the infrastructure to show all PL and Championship games ..

They’ll stagger all the times of games.  With no ‘at game‘ fans, they can start from 10am until 10pm, their ultimate dream

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

The German games seem to be alright. I think the Premier League restarting can work. People will soon get on board when they get to watch football again. 

Seaosn ticket holders should surely be refunded though? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Season ticket holders should surely be refunded though? 

I'd expect a refund or reduction in the next season ticket we can buy (however and whenever that is) but it doesn't stick easily with me that I'm going to miss my first home games in twenty years while some half-arsed-can't-be-bothered-which-team-is-Villa couch potato from the back end of nowhere gets to watch those games because he's a massive Game of thrones fan and gets the football free when he pays for that.

• Like 2

German games have got high viewing figures so unless they get a spate of positive cases and the same here when they test can't see it not going ahead now .

Pending meeting tomorrow looks like players back at training from Tuesday and restart 19th June ...

Edited by Nabby

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd expect a refund or reduction in the next season ticket we can buy (however and whenever that is) but it doesn't stick easily with me that I'm going to miss my first home games in twenty years while some half-arsed-can't-be-bothered-which-team-is-Villa couch potato from the back end of nowhere gets to watch those games because he's a massive Game of thrones fan and gets the football free when he pays for that.

Don’t talk about Villalad21 like that.  I thought there was no user on user dissing on here 😂

• Like 1

Gotta say it's good to see the Bundesliga back. You feel there's progression being made and us getting closer to the target of finishing leagues in various countries. My interest and knowledge of the Bundesliga have also increased the past days.

I think Belgium, France and the Dutch have done a massive mistake in cancelling their leagues when you see there is improvements being made.

There still is plenty of time in finishing the season. The leagues in these countries will potentially face courts and lawsuits because of rash, idiotic decisions.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gotta say it's good to see the Bundesliga back. You feel there's progression being made and us getting closer to the target of finishing leagues in various countries. My interest and knowledge of the Bundesliga have also increased the past days.

I think Belgium, France and the Dutch have done a massive mistake in cancelling their leagues when you see there is improvements being made.

There still is plenty of time in finishing the season. The leagues in these countries will potentially face courts and lawsuits because of rash, idiotic decisions.

You think, I watched 30mins of the dortmund game and switched off its bloody awful without fans, the other leagues you mentioned done the right thing by cancelling, The premier league won’t even get started as by the time if they do actually play what will it be till the next season starts 3weeks? 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Season Ticket holders will get a pat on the back and a discounted ticket for the 20/21 season if we are finally allowed to watch our team. That will be it.

Perhaps the last six games then if these vaccine trials go reasonably well.

I'll be quite honest & say as a season ticket holder i really don't think i can be arsed watching the farce that is approaching even if i did pay Sky's rip off prices, which i don't. I just can't help but just see it all as a huge scam which one way or another will likely relegate us anyways......  I hope not of course but i shan't be wasting my time watching the farce being forced upon us all.

35 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'll be quite honest & say as a season ticket holder i really don't think i can be arsed watching the farce that is approaching even if i did pay Sky's rip off prices, which i don't. I just can't help but just see it all as a huge scam which one way or another will likely relegate us anyways......  I hope not of course but i shan't be wasting my time watching the farce being forced upon us all.

I'm confused by your post. Do you feel that playing out the season in empty stadiums is a scam designed to relegate Villa ?