Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, PaulC said:

15.7% to be pedantic. We probably wont ever find out who the players are. It was widely expected that would be some that tested positive. If we do get a major outbreak at Villa or Brighton for example, the restart will have to be put back even further. If its a mid-table then who knows. It will still give some teams an unfair advantage. 

Haha fair enough around the 15.7%....I think we'll find out who the players are because the press will be checking who goes in and out of grounds because they havent got anything else to do apart from making up transfer stories.  Exclusives on who has the virus will be big for the sad press at the moment, who are struggling for any real sporting news.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not if its 2 or 3 at a club no but if you get 5 or 6 at one club then can it be continued. 

Norwich had 9 injuries earlier. You could call that unfair. Many clubs will have many players back as well. Easy to forget that.

• Haha 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

Norwich had 9 injuries earlier. You could call that unfair. Many clubs will have many players back as well. Easy to forget that.

Yes but if say a team was decimated by normal flu the next  game would be suspended. Injuries are part and parcel of football this isn't. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thinking of fixtures:is the PL supposedly trying to play two fixtures per week for every team? And when do we play our game in hand?

The game in hand is integral to our chances of staying up, it really needs to be played before any potential Lockdown#2 arrives...

I agree, it only makes sense to clear up the games in hand for all clubs if they plan on having to use PPG at some point.

• Like 1

Hold on, why are the affected players or staff only self-isolating for one week and not two? Unless players are living with others, they will have to self-isolate for 14 days. This assumes all the positive-tested staff have symptoms go away (unless they are asymptomatic).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but if say a team was decimated by normal flu the next  game would be suspended. Injuries are part and parcel of football this isn't. 

It is a part of football but Premier League clubs specifically build big squads to cope with players being out.

So 2 players are testing positive yet 3 players return from injury, doesn't that balance it out a bit?

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You won't get it on the training ground because everyone is tested.

I'm almost 100 % certain no players or staff will get infected during this training period.

Let’s hope the 6 that have already tested positive since testing began didn’t infect anyone at their clubs before being sent home to isolate for 7 days.

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Let’s hope the 6 that have already tested positive since testing began didn’t infect anyone at their clubs before being sent home to isolate for 7 days.

That would be bad

Edited by villalad21

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't know what is quite good enough for you. It's not 100 % safe in Germany yet. There is no vaccine, yet i don't see you complain about that.

That it's safer to train and play games than going to the grocery store is a basic concept i don't expect voiders to understand.

I don't complain about what the Germans are doing, because they are quite capable of doing that themselves.

I think that playing football differs from going shopping, in a number of ways. I haven't been subject to zonal or man marking, as I've meandered down the aisles too often!  Buying food is a necessity, playing football so soon, is only necessary to secure the PL's TV income. 

Never underestimate the understanding of the Void: 

image.jpeg.73224d6349dc1a59dc7877a6085ccdbd.jpeg I see void stuff! | Doctor Who Amino

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, John said:

I don't complain about what the Germans are doing, because they are quite capable of doing that themselves.

I think that playing football differs from going shopping, in a number of ways. I haven't been subject to zonal or man marking, as I've meandered down the aisles too often!  Buying food is a necessity, playing football so soon, is only necessary to secure the PL's TV income. 

Never underestimate the understanding of the Void: 

image.jpeg.73224d6349dc1a59dc7877a6085ccdbd.jpeg I see void stuff! | Doctor Who Amino

I almost two footed challenged that 80 year old lady the other week for that last box of eggs in Lidl 😂😉

• Like 2

It shouldn't matter if our game in hand has been played if the season is suspended again because the relegation places shouldn't be decided on PPG. In other words no teams should be relegated based on an incomplete season if it's mathematically possible for them to stay up based on a 38 game season. Surprised so many have got it into their head that if we play Sheffield United and lose then it's fair  to relegate us just because we will have played the same amount of games as everyone else, we'd still be just two points from safety with nine games left.

• Like 4

Just seen a great point about the testing theres been well I think it works out about 39 players/staff been tested at each of the 19 teams.That seems awfully low on testing or is that just me?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

It shouldn't matter if our game in hand has been played if the season is suspended again because the relegation places shouldn't be decided on PPG. In other words no teams should be relegated based on an incomplete season if it's mathematically possible for them to stay up based on a 38 game season. Surprised so many have got it into their head that if we play Sheffield United and lose then it's fair  to relegate us just because we will have played the same amount of games as everyone else, we'd still be just two points from safety with nine games left.

I absolutely don't think PPG is fair but I believe it will happen if the season is not completed.

Just now, gurru991 said:

I absolutely don't think PPG is fair but I believe it will happen if the season is not completed.

I won't come to that.

15 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

What section ?

The toilet.

• Haha 1