Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't have Sky or BT, I'm looking for the club to explain how I can't get to see a thing I've already paid for but people who haven't paid for it can. There should be a requirement for clubs to provide streams to season tickets holders.

I'm in exactly the position. ST holder but don't subscribe to sky or BT. 

Even if I get to watch it on TV I'd like to think that the price of 6 homes games is deducted from my renewal price. 

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Do you feel that playing out the season in empty stadiums is a scam designed to relegate Villa ?

I still find it unbelievable that people still think nulling and voiding is an option.

The season could be ended, not cancelled.

The season being played out is our only hope for survival.

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Troy deeney about to be interviewed by piers morgan on GMB itv now talking about how he is opposed to restarts season if anyone is interested 

Now that is interesting.  Hmmmm, who would be the most nauseating out of Piers Morgan and Troy Deeney?  Piers or Troy? Piers or Troy? Piers or Troy?

It's a tough one alright. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Now that is interesting.  Hmmmm, who would be the most nauseating out of Piers Morgan and Troy Deeney?  Piers or Troy? Piers or Troy? Piers or Troy?

It's a tough one alright. 

To be fair to that gimp doesnt seem a bad bloke off the field.  

I think he has every right to be concerned if his child has breathing difficulties 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair to that gimp doesnt seem a bad bloke off the field.  

I think he has every right to be concerned if his child has breathing difficulties 

I know.  Just any excuse for a cheap gag. 

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Great news on the morale boost for the nation; all 92 games will be televised, with a massive five whole games free to air.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tv-channel-breakdown-remaining-premier-22041324?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_football&fbclid=IwAR3E-RQyUAQVHIVdl-TqUjhU9NNili3AEOyLcy4IoZkpK5eMsZrDBPVuk40

So, 79 games for Sky and BT, five for normal telly and eight for the internets.

Hang on, so the broadcasters are now supposed to getting more games for their money? Shouldn't they be paying more for the contract rather than less then?

47 matches were already up for TV...does anyone else think the plan with showing every match might be, if we only get through say 2 gameweeks before the restart all collapses again, that the PL can say that 20/47 games of the TV contract have been fulfilled so we've only got to repay £x instead of £y? 

The cabbage has said the Premier League should delay the restart of the season for player fitness reasons, he doesnt think players will be ready by June 12.

Harry Redknapp had his say on relegation, should the season be unable to be restarted on Sky earlier, " I don't see how they could relegate any teams, I think if we don't start I don't see how they could do it. I can't see how they could do points per games or whatever, for me that would be totally unfair because this is the time of the year when 9-10 games to go everything changes, it's like the Masters going round Amen Corner, you know when that's where it all starts, the last 9 or 10 games, the teams with the nerve, who can hold their nerve, so to just do it on possible points I would think would be impossible. It would be unfair to relegate any teams under them circumstances. I have to agree, there might be another great escape after all. He went on to suggest five teams going down in the following season, to allow promotion from the Championship.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

Harry Redknapp had his say on relegation, should the season be unable to be restarted on Sky earlier, " I don't see how they could relegate any teams, I think if we don't start I don't see how they could do it. I can't see how they could do points per games or whatever, for me that would be totally unfair because this is the time of the year when 9-10 games to go everything changes, it's like the Masters going round Amen Corner, you know when that's where it all starts, the last 9 or 10 games, the teams with the nerve, who can hold their nerve, so to just do it on possible points I would think would be impossible. It would be unfair to relegate any teams under them circumstances. I have to agree, there might be another great escape after all. He went on to suggest five teams going down in the following season, to allow promotion from the Championship.

But the same argument would surely also apply to promotion, ie. a long way still to go in the promotion race.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John said:

He's also urged JT to come out of retirement to save Villa from relegation :crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Do i think it's a scam designed specifically to relegate us? No, not at all, of course not i'm not daft, or mentally challenged and i have to say i feel your question is meant more as a p*** take than a serious question which is a bit fresh when visiting another message board.

I feel that playing in empty stadiums will firstly put people at risk. Even putting that aside it will clearly have an impact on the outcomes of the remaining games.  I am not too sure how much you are aware of Aston Villa's situation being a visiting supporter but we have six tough home games remaining (more than any other club apart from Man City also with six) and despite everything, including a lot of abject performances by us this season, we are definitely stronger in front of the Villa Park crowd than we are away from it as was witnessed by our win over Leicester in the cup ;) So will it have an impact on our remaining home results? Almost certainly yes. Is that right when those six teams we play had the advantage of their home crowd in the reverse fixtures?

So clearly the "integrity of the game" (laughs out loud) has been compromised. As you will know it's a game of very fine margins so to have anything changed part way through will have an impact. There are many other factors too of course such as teams getting players back fit, players minds being on an imminent transfer more than on giving 100% in this extended bit as they don't want to pick up an injury & lose their big payday. Some teams will be without players due to health concerns (we have two). So the season in my view should be scrapped as integrity has long since gone.

So yes i feel it's just a sham quite frankly (Scam was probably the wrong word to use in my original post).

By the way i really am not overly bothered which division we end up in either as i found the Championship a much better league to watch (maybe not the same quality from some teams but hey ho) especially with no dodgy VAR etc which also completely ruined this one for me. I actually re-found my passion for football in that division it was fun so have no qualms about going back there (no doubt the club would much prefer to stay up of course for financial reasons). It looks like next season could also be a bit weird anyway so really not that bothered.

Great post, I feel the same.

I'd somewhat forgotten about VAR, that was incredibly bad this season.  If VAR is correct and quick, then yes it should enhance the game by more decisions being correct but what seemed indiscriminate use of it depending on scenario was incredible, some key decision points werent covered by VAR but some are.  The last minute non-equaliser for us at Palace didnt fall under the rule, then Aubameyang for Arsenal against us compared to when Mings did it, Arsenal's wasnt a handball but Mings was just sums up some of the injustices for us but many across all teams for VAR.  I think the thing that killed VAR was the length of time to make a decision, just killed the thrill of a goal and fans across country were fed up with it because you couldnt celebrate any goal in the end, or felt like you couldn't.

I hope during this incredibly unfortunate time re the virus that those that are working, looking after VAR and the rules have thought how to improve this dramatically because another season of it would be poor.  It's obviously not a major concern at the moment but is certainly something that does need to be fixed at some point.

• Like 1

Interesting stat in Germany 

2nd last team back into  Training where Frankfurt who were 2 down in under 10 mins

Last team back training are Breman who play tonight worth keeping an eye out to see how they do 

This is demonstrably unfair on Hearts

Hearts were four adrift of Hamilton Academical at the bottom with a possible 24 points available.

However, the Tynecastle club do hold slim hopes of a reprieve after chair Ann Budge was given approval to work on a proposal for temporary league reconstruction, which would involve expanding the top flight.