Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, jim said:

No and that’s been the problem all season. And yes are only hope is sacking Smith. 

What do you think a new manager gets out of this squad?

£150 million and tell me one player who has been consistently good this year?

15 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Shows what you can do if you work hard. The results against Bournemouth and Southampton are unforgivable 

Not just the results but the pathetic performances too - madness from the management to set the team up so open this season - at this level you will get ripped apart hence most games 20 plus shots -  watford and West Ham made the managerial change and have prospered - for me villa Bournemouth and Norwich will drop now .

we don’t have the passion or fight to get out of this - our star players know they will get snapped up by better teams and our manager is tactically inept at this level . 

let’s enjoy Wembley as it could be a long time before we get another visit there . 

• Like 2

Liverpool have been dire all over the pitch, especially at the back, and I think playing like that we'd have beat them.

Not great results for us this weekend but I'm a glass half full merchant and always felt Watford and West Ham were on paper at least too good to go down and Bournemouth and Brighton more likely to drop. 

With 11 games to go our fate is still in our own hands in terms of surviving and I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Liverpool have been dire all over the pitch, especially at the back, and I think playing like that we'd have beat them.

Not great results for us this weekend but I'm a glass half full merchant and always felt Watford and West Ham were on paper at least too good to go down and Bournemouth and Brighton more likely to drop. 

With 11 games to go our fate is still in our own hands in terms of surviving and I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Well we were in a similar position at VP with Liverpool below par and we simply refused to attack.

Watford keep their discipline and also kept having a go at 1-0 and had their just rewards.

All season we've lost our heads when in decent positions v the top teams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What do you think a new manager gets out of this squad?

£150 million and tell me one player who has been consistently good this year?

Maybe if the manager knew how to set a team up and used the players correctly he’d get more out of them. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This game just shows how slow we are on the counter attack. You need pace in the final third to beat the better teams.

Precisely. Everything we are not....pace, power and resilience. 

We are going down 100%. I have watched the latest games of Watford, West Ham and Norwich - they are all better than we are, unfortunately. Hate to say it but I could even see us finishing bottom. We are not good enough to be a PL team at this moment in time. 

Lets ensure that when we come back up we are in a much more stable place squad-wise so we will be better prepared for this league. We add a few experienced quality heads and will be more set to compete. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Well we were in a similar position at VP with Liverpool below par and we simply refused to attack.

Watford keep their discipline and also kept having a go at 1-0 and had their just rewards.

All season we've lost our heads when in decent positions v the top teams.

Yep this is true for me, we could easily have roughly 10 more points if we weren't so naive...

• Like 1