Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

What u saying it's quite possible that we will hit a vein of form that we have been unable to hit all season.

Yep quite possible that we'll get a point a game, a fraction above what we've managed so far and have enough points to stay up.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Because he's been given a very weak squad to try and keep up. 

He hasn't done himself massive favours but he's had to struggle with some terrible players.

Teams with squads that are just as weak have been able to get results against better teams though, and we've been mere minutes away from it on several occasions. That suggests to me an issue with Smith's tactics.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

lol, sure. 

Seriously. I’ve always thought we’d be in a relegation battle.  I do think we’re crap and will probably go down. But if someone said to me would you go in to March with staying up still in the clubs hands and a cup final I’d say yes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Last match we did but against Spurs we were pretty good

I think taking consolation about nearly taking points against the top teams has been part of our downfall.

It's fine margins - but nearly taking points doesn't cut it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

What u saying it's quite possible that we will hit a vein of form that we have been unable to hit all season.

My problem with this is the belief that every other shit team around us can hit that form but we can't 

None of us will hit form, a couple of us will get a result out of nowhere and then go back to being shit, villa just need 2 or 3 of them 

There is more than enough time, fans are giving up too easy 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not a source of sadness. But I'm not that excited by it. Really strange feeling but guess that's the position we're in. 

I loved the semi and getting to the final is a great achievement. I just think by the end of tomorrow it will have been a crap weekend. 

Fair enough, and I’m not trying to tell anyone else how to support their team. I just think Villa ruin enough days without letting the anticipation be spoiled as well. Fingers crossed for a miracle tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh you couldn’t wait until we were in the bottom three to post this.  

Did you have it ready to copy and paste.  

Not wait until the end of the games or we played our game in hand but the second West Ham took a lead you commented.

Sad!

Ok. 

We didn’t take our chance and now we are going to pay for it. Can’t see us Getty our the bottom 3 now and will fight not to finish bottom.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

My problem with this is the belief that every other shit team around us can hit that form but we can't 

None of us will hit form, a couple of us will get a result out of nowhere and then go back to being shit, villa just need 2 or 3 of them 

There is more than enough time, fans are giving up too easy 

I for one certainly haven't given up. McGinn will be back soon and could make a massive difference. We will stay up. There I've said it!!!

• Like 4

Grim reading the result today. Doesnt change the fact that all the teams around were likely to pick up at least a few points between now and the end of the season and we will still need to get some results against teams we will be expected to lose against. Still in our hands, stil need to get better than we have been so far this season. 

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

That Chelsea goal could be massive for us. 
Newcastle down IMO. All to play for. KTF

Its pretty quiet on Newcastle, got a lot of games vs the bottom half but they're not winning them 

Looks like they played OK today and still couldn't score 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

The Moose on talkSPORT is such a smug prick gloating about West Ham being above us.

The Moose hates Villa for some reason, he's always negative about us. I'd love to beat them on the last day to send them down and see how smug he is then!!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, supermon said:

So West Ham didn't take heart from their last performance? Hah!!

Difference is when we play decent but lose we don't follow it up with a win, heck we don't even follow it up with a draw. 

I think being in relegation zone will impact the players psychologically.

I think so too. They actually perform when their backs are to the wall. It almost like they need that kick up the arse every now and then.