Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Newcastle will be fine. They can grind out results when needed too. 

You say that but they have some interesting fixtures. Mix bag against relegation fighting teams and some of the bigger boys. 

Agree with an earlier post, the battle is going to at least the 2nd to last game for a few teams 

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh you couldn’t wait until we were in the bottom three to post this.  

Did you have it ready to copy and paste.  

Not wait until the end of the games or we played our game in hand but the second West Ham took a lead you commented.

Sad!

Don't do this at the end of your posts. It's something Donald Trump does on twitter and if there's any advice that I could give anyone in life it's - Don't be like Donald Trump.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Don't do this at the end of your posts. It's something Donald Trump does on twitter and if there's any advice that I could give anyone in life it's - Don't be like Donald Trump.

Who should we be like?, Hilary?

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Eww! Being compared to Trump....that’s depressed me now.

Maybe.....

MAGA means Make Avfc Great Again

(yeah I know AVFC is also an acronym)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

The Moose hates Villa for some reason, he's always negative about us. I'd love to beat them on the last day to send them down and see how smug he is then!!!

As much as talksport talk shit...he has a point...if it looks shit plays shit and is shit... chances are it is shit...and that's us

Just now, Nigel said:

Situation hasn't changed!

We still need 38 points at the end of the season. Get that and there should be at least 3 teams below us!

Haven't you read the last few pages at all? We're down. It's over. Finished. Finito.

We could be in the bottom three for a while now, if not all season, it's not looking good for us. West Ham away to Arsenal next weekend and Bournemouth away to Liverpool which on paper should be tough games for them, although you never know with Arsenal, but if those two results do go for us then we'll still be two points adrift of safety but with two games in hand. It's been said many times, but really do now need to start getting results against the division's better sides, the next three against Man City, Leicester and Chelsea will have a big say on our season. Need to conjour up some form from somewhere.

West Ham's next four games are Arsenal (a), Wolves (h), Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), our next four aren't much easier...Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), but at the very least they shouldn't pull to far away from us over that period. Bournemouth's look a little easier... Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Wolves (a), Newcastle (h), but after that their next four are  Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Leicester (h), Man City (h).

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So we are two points adrift, but effectively 3 points adrift due to goal difference.

I honestly think we can say we are going down, time to plan!! :)

Our goal difference is only one behind Bournemouth... that’s not effectively three points because to get the points to catch them our goal difference would likely improve. Even v West Ham it’s only a few goals in it.

I would see what you mean vs Brighton - that’s three points but essentially four with GD.