Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Despite all the drama Leeda are a very good side. 

Yes, i still rate them and Sheff Utd the best two sides we have played this season, you can understand their frustration at third place after their first half to the season. They raised their game today, were really up for it but you can also see they have lost their goal touch which won’t persist forever.

They mostly nullified Grealish and doubled up on El Ghazi, preventing him from cutting inside. The quandary is in games like this, free kicks around the box look likely due to Jack being fouled, but Hourihane is most effective at those but Whelan gives Grealish more license. 

Intriguing....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

All I'm saying is, at full speed, it's impossible for the linesman to see El Ghazi elbow him in the face because......IT NEVER F****** HAPPENED!

He didn't even raise his hands let alone his elbow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Nothing special. Cheating dirty **** to boot.

I dunno about nothing special, they are amazingly well drilled. Loads of what they do looks automatic and second nature, they quickly turn seemingly innocuous possession into a chance. Bielsa does loads of repetitive work with the players, you can see it works looking at that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robby b said:

What a nuts game !  😲😵😮

Our unlikely run of three years without any team doing the double against us is still intact. Nobody, and I mean nobody, dominates the mighty Aston Villa anymore !  🦁

you just jinxed the Norwich game next week!

• Haha 1

They play the ref very well , and were lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch. Grealish was quiet after that tackle and I can see why. How Leeds will keep the card count down in the playoffs is going to be interesting just got to hope premier League refs get the nod for these games. 

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think they can, as no action was taken by the ref.

Good, Hope he's one booking away from a suspension and teach the cheating word removed a lesson. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Had Leeds just carried on playing I'd agree with you.

But it was the fact the Leeds player made out he was going to put the ball out, he even raised his hand like Hourihane did to indicate he was doing it, and then suddenly carried on.

I hate players putting the ball out, I'd prefer if everyone played on all the time. But that was particularly scummy.

Thats not the point I'm making though is it?

If we hadn't kicked the ball out for them, and actually played to the new laws (cant really call them new anymore) where you carry on regardless and only the referee stops for head injuries only - then todays scenario would never have come into play and we would not have been tricked into are they kicking it out, or not.

I agree what they did was scummy, but it would never have come to that if we just played how the law dictates we should play in the first place.

I can't multiquote over multiple pages so the same response goes to @Demitri_C and @OutByEaster?

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Regardless of all the shenanigans, the game showed there is very little between the two sides in quality. Unlike some supporters who think we will walk it into the Premier league, I think, facing Leeds in the final would be a real 50:50. Going to be tough to win. It is one of those that may be decided by an individual mistake or controversial moment (as it was today). 

Defintely a wake-up call. Either could go up, in a final. Semis are going to be all important - I do not for a moment underestimate Leeds. 

• Like 1

Â