Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

34 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You're right. We would've been much better off had Leeds gone up automatically instead of SheffU. I have no doubt Leeds will brush Derby aside and they will be a very difficult opponent for us if we meet at Wembley.

Today we were second best by far, and we need to do much better to earn promotion.

I don't. They could well implode versus Derby who are on a  bit of a run now. Dirty Leeds.

Get everyone rested next week and get ready for the Albion. Hang on to your hats.

36 minutes ago, limpid said:

Yes you can. The text editor remember the contents when you change page.

Never worked for me, clears my editor every time I change my page

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You are right but I think there must be more to it. Pretty much everyone had stopped playing including the player on the ball. Then he did a sneaky pass through.  It was all unsavoury but I agree we must be more switched on for this kind of thing. 

I was talking about us.. when we kicked the ball out for them. We should never have done that then the 2nd scenario would never have had happened.

42 minutes ago, limpid said:

Yes you can. The text editor remember the contents when you change page.

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Never worked for me, clears my editor every time I change my page

It looks like you need to cut and paste now, but it's easy to do.

• Thanks 1

Until the madness I thought it was a good game of football. It will be tough if we meet them further down the line but I feel we’re up to it.

Mings and Tuanzebe were both absolutely excellent today. Voted the former MOTM.

Rest McGinn next week please.

Won’t comment on Leeds players’ behaviour as it has all been said!

• Like 1

i will say that despite Leeds being scum bags and wasting so much of their chances that we weren't good enough today, I thought Green, Mings and Axel had good games, McGinn had a few moments so did Kodjia, but I think Grealish had an off day. We gave possession away far too easily and lacked composure in the final third, but they were playing like it was a cup final and fouling like it was a Rugby match. We will do better.

I think Bielsa only caved in because of the furious reaction of our players and management team. Unbelievable scenes tbf. The Leeds players knew it was the right thing to do by letting us score, and at the final whistle it was good to see everyone shaking hands. 

I was very impressed with how we battled today against the odds. Leeds looked very strong and confirmed by fears by looking like our biggest danger. There is a lot of negativity that gets thrown at Leeds over the years, but their home support is brilliant. The way they get behind their team is a credit to them. I wish our home support could be more like that. Anyway I’m hoping we avoid Leeds until at least the final. 

• Like 4

BBC reporting (confirming) that Roberts made out that was going to put the ball out, Klich was offside and Bamford simulated an elbow:

Leeds initially opted to play on following a challenge by home defender Liam Cooper, which flattened Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia, before Tyler Roberts then appeared to be ready to put the ball out for a throw-in.

But Roberts instead passed the ball forward to Klich and, with the Villa defence flat-footed, although offside, he was allowed to run on, cut inside and curl a low right-foot shot just inside the post.

In the ensuing heated aftermath, Villa's Ahmed El Ghazi was wrongly red carded for an alleged elbow on Leeds striker Patrick Bamford, who was shown up by TV cameras to have simulated his fall to the turf.

But, in astonishing scenes, Leeds boss Bielsa ordered his players to allow Villa to equalise, and Albert Adomah was allowed to run through to score, almost unchallenged, into an unguarded net.

The only thing they failed to get right / mention is that it was Jansson who tried to challenge the goal unsportingly.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mings is one of the best centre backs we’ve had in years. Hard as nails too. 

I like the way after the scummers scored, he had two of them in his grasp like "behave, little boys".

• Like 3

a good tear up on the pitch is a nice gauge of team spirit. great to see the guys I always thought as quiet lads getting stuck in.

reminded me of the film outlaw with sean bean in. When they went to the pub and got into a fight.

Conner was fantastic. and El Gazi. although He needs to learn the dark arts of football tear ups when there's 30 tv camera's pointing at you. bamford done a job on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Well that was an interesting game....

Before the incident, I thought the game was fairly even with both teams having periods of pressure without ever really looking likely to score. 

Mings and Steer were immense with Axel classily going under the radar.  

I feel, having secured 5th spot, we need to rest the key players next week. Norwich will be on the beach anyway 

Norwich need a point to guarantee the title, don’t they? 

Â