Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

..and its the overall that makes it difficult in times like this.

Difficult ?

.Times like this ? 

As in, times when we are frightening every other team in the League to death ?

I don’t understand. 

It is indeed the overall that makes the difference - and that’s why we are doing better than anyone 🙂

( ps I DO agree Kodja offered nothing and was no threat. He mad3 it too easy for them at the back)

EDIT - maybe it’s typo and you meant “. Makes the difference ?”.

Anyhow my reply would be the same.

Edited by terrytini

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I highlighted this bit but could’ve chosen others.

As with the previous Post, couldn’t disagree more.

Half of what you said simply doesn’t relate to us under Smith....particularly last years Play Off....we are nothing like that team now. Nothing like them. The surrendering of possession was a key part of Bruce’s approach and simply doesn’t describe us as we are now.

As for the passing and movement, I’ve not seen anyone better than us at it.

Better work ethic ? I’ve not seen a Villa team play with as much commitment and desire as this one in years, and years......and, it’s not just opinion. results show it.

I was talking about today's game.....not the last 10

I simply disagree with your analysis. We don't play anything like Steve Bruces team granted.....but by being pushed back and losing Midfield, it became similar today.....we started brightly, missed a few good chances and a pen.....and faded.

Have you studied the possession stats?, We simply watched the game differently I guess.

I can excuse John McGinn being on a ban threat....but the rest outside the defence, I couldn't see anyone dominating their position.....I thought Jack had a poor game by his standards ( sorry)

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Difficult ?

.Times like this ? 

As in, times when we are frightening every other team in the League to death ?

I don’t understand. 

It is indeed the overall that makes the difference - and that’s why we are doing better than anyone 🙂

( ps I DO agree Kodja offered nothing and was no threat. He mad3 it too easy for them at the back)

EDIT - maybe it’s typo and you meant “. Makes the difference ?”.

Anyhow my reply would be the same.

I think you misunderstood me, sorry.

The overall, meaning the 11players playing today......some players dominating their position and others not.....I think Leeds had more players working harder than us, just My Opinion.

I am talking about today....not last week or last Month.

When we go in to battle with the Albion.....that last 10 games will mean Zilch.....its on the day Terry, like today.

Look a draw is a decent result at Leeds but with all the players functioning correctly, I think we still could have beaten them.

NB so far you have conceded Jack was under par, Kodjia offered nothing.....I can think of a few more, thats nearly half the team Terry......Mings -Steer and Tuanzebe made it respectable.....we need more than that in the play offs, is my point.

I'm sorry mate, the result a draw away at Leeds is not bad in general.....I just thought we could have won it in their recent form ( and us in our form)as Wigan and Brentford proved.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Thug said:

How can you reply ‘bollocks’ to what is actually a fact?

you might not agree with the sentiment, but what was said is actually 100% true.

the rules of football state:

• The referee stops the match if, in his opinion, a player is seriously injured and ensures that he is removed from the field of play. The referee allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in his opinion, only slightly injured.

The referee did not HAVE stop the game.

Leeds did not HAVE to kick it out.

Bielsa did not HAVE to give us a goal back.

Leeds broke no rules. What they did was scummy.. but they broke no rules.

Play to the whistle. Do your job. When the ball goes out, have as much of a go as you want.

But the fact of the matter is that we only drew because Bielsa decided to act a gentleman in a game that meannt **** all. We should have lost, and if that was the play off final, we would not have been given a ‘gimme’ by Bielsa.

Junxs is right in everything that he said.

Let the ref decide about injuries both your own and the oppositions, like the law of the game states.

So ‘bollocks’ to your ‘bollocks’

Can I add a bit of "Bollox"

If the ref and lines man, had done their job, the result would have been 0-0

And I wish it had.....because for me, that was the true result.....minus all the " Bollox"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

The beautiful thing about today’s game was seeing how fearful Leeds are of us. I don’t doubt they’re a good side and you could argue they’re stronger than us but f*** me, they were terrified of Grealish which will only bode well for us if we meet them again...

Proud of the lads today. Tough place to go is Elland Road, especially when the fans were as fired up as they were because they were playing a bigger club.

Mings and Tuanzebe are bosses. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enda said:

Well, well, well.

Dirty little scrotes playing on with a player down with a head injury. Hourihane had put it out for a throw five minutes earlier. Ref should have stopped it even. El-Ghazi's red should definitely be rescinded, and hopefully Bamford gets a ban (and an Oscar nomination) for that reaction. Hard to blame the linesman really.

Well done to Steer and Mings. Heroes.

After that reaction, Jack will want to hammer them in the final if we play them.

Not sure about the linesman. It’s not just a case of he’s not seen it, he’s actually invented/guessed at what happened which is more appalling. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we play them again this season. We need to pass the ball and spread the ball quicker. We also need to pile the pressure on in the last 20 minutes. They were starting to fade IMO

We have already played them and we was 2-0 up .....They seized the initiative and we found ourselves 2-3 down in the dying minutes, they have an impressive work ethic.

If we play them again.....we need to learn from this and match their workrate and intensity.

We only lose games or drop points when we are out worked or out muscled.......We need to be aware in the play -offs.....you only need a few to be not contributing and it becomes a slog.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you misunderstood me, sorry.

The overall, meaning the 11players playing today......some players dominating their position and others not.....I think Leeds had more players working harder than us, just My Opinion.

I am talking about today....not last week or last Month.

When we go in to battle with the Albion.....that last 10 games will mean Zilch.....its on the day Terry, like today.

Look a draw is a decent result at Leeds but with all the players functioning correctly, I think we still could have beaten them.

NB so far you have conceded Jack was under par, Kodjia offered nothing.....I can think of a few more, thats nearly half the team Terry......Mings -Steer and Tuanzebe made it respectable.....we need more than that in the play offs, is my point.

I'm sorry mate, the result a draw away at Leeds is not bad in general.....I just thought we could have won it in their recent form ( and us in our form)as Wigan and Brentford proved.

In your last two posts you make reference to the fact you are talking about today......yet your posts I replied to referred to all sorts of past events, last years Final, our results earlier this season against these sides, Leeds performance over the season, and so on. 

Which is the only reason I referred to our Form.

If you just want to focus on today I’m not sure what all those other references are doing in there.

Today ?

Yes, Jack below par, and yes, Kodja offered nothing.....I’m not sure that’s half the team. And saying Jack was below par doesn’t mean he lacked fight, or composure, or desire, or combativeness, or any of the other qualities you said or implied were missing.

You asked who apart from Mings was at it. In my view, they all were ( except JK).

I thought there was nothing between the sides. Our keeper made one save, and that’s when we had 10 men.

You posted a lot of thoughts on our faults, and stated that Leeds and others didn’t exhibit these ( you didn’t just refer to today).

At the games I love it when I’m surrounded by people who see the best in us, and it does my head in when I get stuck next to guys who moan every time we fail to win a challenge, or a tackle, or are caught out of position. 

Its not that I’m seeing a different game to them, it’s that I can’t for the life of me understand what they expect.

The opposition has all the same rights to win duels, to play well, to force errors, and our team is a Championship side who simply won’t perform at their peak all game, every gamer.

The players - all of them - come off soaking with sweat, battered and bruised, exhausted. They battle and fight, they try to play composed passing football. They have made a monumental physical and mental effort to haul themselves right up next to the Top tier.

That’s every game, and it was this game. In my view. 

Nothing about our performance today warrants any suggestion that other sides have more guile, more skill, more tenacity, more passion, more fight, more determination, or more desire.

In my view. 🙂

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have already played them and we was 2-0 up .....They seized the initiative and we found ourselves 2-3 down in the dying minutes, they have an impressive work ethic.

If we play them again.....we need to learn from this and match their workrate and intensity.

We only lose games or drop points when we are out worked or out muscled.......We need to be aware in the play -offs.....you only need a few to be not contributing and it becomes a slog.

Again....that’s months ago, a different side, practically a different world.

How does that equate with today when they could only manage a single shot on target while we had 10 men for a quarter of the game ?

Surely if our 10 held off their 11 our “ work rate and muscle” must’ve been at least roughly theirs ?

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In your last two posts you make reference to the fact you are talking about today......yet your posts I replied to referred to all sorts of past events, last years Final, our results earlier this season against these sides, Leeds performance over the season, and so on. 

Which is the only reason I referred to our Form.

If you just want to focus on today I’m not sure what all those other references are doing in there.

Today ?

Yes, Jack below par, and yes, Kodja offered nothing.....I’m not sure that’s half the team. And saying Jack was below par doesn’t mean he lacked fight, or composure, or desire, or combativeness, or any of the other qualities you said or implied were missing.

You asked who apart from Mings was at it. In my view, they all were ( except JK).

I thought there was nothing between the sides. Our keeper made one save, and that’s when we had 10 men.

You posted a lot of thoughts on our faults, and stated that Leeds and others didn’t exhibit these ( you didn’t just refer to today).

At the games I love it when I’m surrounded by people who see the best in us, and it does my head in when I get stuck next to guys who moan every time we fail to win a challenge, or a tackle, or are caught out of position. 

Its not that I’m seeing a different game to them, it’s that I can’t for the life of me understand what they expect.

The opposition has all the same rights to win duels, to play well, to force errors, and our team is a Championship side who simply won’t perform at their peak all game, every gamer.

The players - all of them - come off soaking with sweat, battered and bruised, exhausted. They battle and fight, they try to play composed passing football. They have made a monumental physical and mental effort to haul themselves right up next to the Top tier.

That’s every game, and it was this game. In my view. 

Nothing about our performance today warrants any suggestion that other sides have more guile, more skill, more tenacity, more passion, more fight, more determination, or more desire.

In my view. 🙂

Then we will leave there Terry....I thought it was a forum, where you could release your thoughts.

I am not interested in analysing  Leeds.....I am just interested in my team and want them to be the best, if they fall short and of course that is debatable, I think its fair to say, if you feel so, just like you seem to feel everything is rosy in the garden.

The other references were based on what you said earlier in the better football under Dean Smith and I agree....but today our defence was the saviour.

I understand your sentiment about having folk surround you who see the best in the team.....It makes for a more pleasant afternoon and just lately the last 10 we have been spoilt, so it been hunky dory.

However, It can also be annoying when there are clearly incidents of poor play and fans are reluctant to say, i fear of upsetting those than want jam for supper every day.

Terry, we both love the Villa Passionately, like thousands of others.....but it does not mean we are agin them just because we pick up on errors.....The good and the bad is all part and parcel of watching and appraising the game.

You have your views and I agree with you most of the time......but I have mine and If i think some parts of our play could be better, I feel compelled to say so......right or wrong its my opinion and I am prepared to defend it.

I won't just criticise without explaining why.

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Again....that’s months ago, a different side, practically a different world.

How does that equate with today when they could only manage a single shot on target while we had 10 men for a quarter of the game ?

Surely if our 10 held off their 11 our “ work rate and muscle” must’ve been at least roughly theirs ?

It was Leeds and the initiative was similar.....they out worked us then too.

At the back yes.....if it was further upfield we might have won....particularly when we had 11 which was most of the match.

Â