Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Thats not the point I'm making though is it?

If we hadn't kicked the ball out for them, and actually played to the new laws (cant really call them new anymore) where you carry on regardless and only the referee stops for head injuries only - then todays scenario would never have come into play and we would not have been tricked into are they kicking it out, or not.

I agree what they did was scummy, but it would never have come to that if we just played how the law dictates we should play in the first place.

I can't multiquote over multiple pages so the same response goes to @Demitri_C and @OutByEaster?

Bollocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Regardless of all the shenanigans, the game showed there is very little between the two sides in quality. Unlike some supporters who think we will walk it into the Premier league, I think, facing Leeds in the final would be a real 50:50. Going to be tough to win. It is one of those that may be decided by an individual mistake or controversial moment (as it was today). 

I think you make a fair point.

for me we had too many not showing the required aggression and intensity....we have a few to many who don't like the physicality, they don't thrive in it.....whereas Mings loves it.

take out the 2 Cbs and a "get out of jail card" for McGinn on 13 yellows.....who showed aggression and ball control?

The teams have finished where they have for a reason.

I agree with you, we will have a tough time making it.

I have no idea what the mindset was going in to this game, but it needs to be more clinical going in to the play offs.

I thought centre backs were fantastic, to be honest, I thought the back four and the keeper all had decent games. 

Like most are saying, I think we leave McGinn, Grealish, Steer, and anyone who is carrying a knock like Tammy out of the Norwich game. 

• Like 2

Well that was an interesting game....

Before the incident, I thought the game was fairly even with both teams having periods of pressure without ever really looking likely to score. 

Mings and Steer were immense with Axel classily going under the radar.  

I feel, having secured 5th spot, we need to rest the key players next week. Norwich will be on the beach anyway 

20 minutes ago, YLN said:

Bollocks

Well thats the law of football,  I suggest you take it up with the FA if you feel that way.

It's why the law was brought in, as people were feigning injury to try to get the opposition to kick it out. The law clearly states do not kick the ball out of play unless the referee stops the game.

I'm glad this happened today rather than in a more important game, in future I expect DS & co to have drilled into them to play to the whistle from now on.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 2

I think that Leeds team is well beatable.....decent but well beatable.

I don't know all the behind the scenes stuff, like injuries or personal stuff......but a fully functional first team should beat them....we have the ability, the application needs to match it.

I thought we had too many players outside the defence, who were very average today.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Looking past all the nonsense today Leeds were the best team we have played in ages. I’ve seen a bit of Sheff Utd and they are not as good as Leeds imo.

If we get to the final and play them again it could be epic.

Thought Grealish was very quiet and Kodjias lazy style of play did us no favors today, shame there was no Tammy. Defence were epic and in reality kept a clean sheet after quite a lot of Leeds pressure, the back 4 were my positives today.

You're right. We would've been much better off had Leeds gone up automatically instead of SheffU. I have no doubt Leeds will brush Derby aside and they will be a very difficult opponent for us if we meet at Wembley.

Today we were second best by far, and we need to do much better to earn promotion.

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Well thats the law of football,  I suggest you take it up with the FA if you feel that way.

It's why the law was brought in, as people were feigning injury to try to get the opposition to kick it out. The law clearly states do not kick the ball out of play unless the referee stops the game.

I'm glad this happened today rather than in a more important game, in future I expect DS & co to have drilled into them to play to the whistle from now on.

You are right but I think there must be more to it. Pretty much everyone had stopped playing including the player on the ball. Then he did a sneaky pass through.  It was all unsavoury but I agree we must be more switched on for this kind of thing. 

Â