Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

Thing is,Bamford had Connor in a head lock and tried a neck roll to get him to the ground before the El Ghazi incident.Lino missed that too.

Thought Green played well. Crossing which he has been criticised for was very good. 

Edited by Derryvillan
Spelling

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My Leeds-supporting son-in-law is coming round this afternoon. Words may be exchanged. 

For dinner?.. If so please wipe your meat on his meat! 

• Haha 2

Phillips is one of the most persistant foulers I've ever seen. should of clocked up 13 yellow cards. and his hair is a disgrace.

The guy roberts was obviously in two minds whether to put it out or play the pass.

Its obvious Bielsa is a bit of a jekyl and hide character

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

I've been a big supporter of Kodjia, but I have to admit, we're toothless with him up top.

It's like a  whole dimension to our game goes missing.

Tammy has his flaws but he brings so much to the team.

Im so glad it was Kodjia up front today. Definitely no need for Leeds to see our full strength team just yet!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Connor Hourihane was fantastic in his reaction to the leeds goal. I've always thought he didn't really give a shit but that was tremendous.

I thought we were very comfortable today and we could of nicked it Kodjia has had a few sniffs and was getting nearer. We were easily the better side in the first half.

2nd Leeds pushed up the pitch and smith didn't take action. but we still looked like we could do something.

Very suprised that bielsa ordered his side to conceed. That derby training ground incident must have rattled him? or does he have links to spread betting gangs in china?

I would have thought Sky Sports would want the title race to go down to the wire?

I would have been pissed off if Villa manager did that and it cost us automatic promotion to the premier league.

Hourihane: It was the injustice.  He clearly told green to put the ball out even though we had a clear crossing opportunity not long before.

Bielsa: It was the only proper thing to do, and he gained a lot of respect from me today.

If a villa manger did that and it cost us... I think I'd take it on the chin.  Fair is fair.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Harsh on the linesman that. He probably thought he did see him elbow him in the face, as a lot of us would at full speed.

The lino isn’t the one at fault here. It’s the cheating player, who has tried to con the referees and succeeded.

Maybe it is, but he has said something happened that didn’t, fine margins with big consequences. A competent professional assistant can only advise what he sees - if he is behind the Leeds player or the group he sees nothing other than the fall out, because he is obscured. He has to say something happened but was unsighted and can’t be sure not he elbowed him in the face as he gestured. This isn’t the first time a player has feigned an injury to incriminate an opponent.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's good to hear the media widely reporting Bamford as a cheat.

Not only because there's no way El Ghazi should be suspended for the playoffs, but also because he's a cheat.

Agree, Can they they take retrospective action for simulation? 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we both get to the finals, what an absolute cracker it will be!

Yeah, this certainly lays the groundwork for the promotion final to end them all.

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

Hourihane: It was the injustice.  He clearly told green to put the ball out even though we had a clear crossing opportunity not long before.

Bielsa: It was the only proper thing to do, and he gained a lot of respect from me today.

If a villa manger did that and it cost us... I think I'd take it on the chin.  Fair is fair.

just would not have happened it Leeds still in the hunt for autos. I'd have taken it too, but knowing it would cost us our reputation. Leeds rarely can go lower. 

• Like 1

What a nuts game !  😲😵😮

Our unlikely run of three years without any team doing the double against us is still intact. Nobody, and I mean nobody, dominates the mighty Aston Villa anymore !  🦁

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Players who do that must be colossally stupid to not know it will be on camera. 

Why?

The stupid people of the EFL/FA that do nothing and let this nonsense go on. 

The players know that the other guy will get sent off, increase their chances of winning, and everyone will have forgotten all about it in a few days time.

Until they start handing out retrospective red cards for cheating, this will continue to go on.

• Thanks 1

Stats from the game, obviously skewed by our red card.

Overall

Possession % 68.9 / 31.1

Shots

Total shots 27 / 13

On target 5 / 4

Off target 12 / 6

Blocked  10 / 3

Passes

Passing % 86.5 / 70.2

Attacking 3rd % 77.7 / 63.9

Key Passes 19 / 9

https://www.skysports.com/football/leeds-vs-a-villa/stats/393074