Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Yep....Totti is out on his own as modern day legends go in Italy. It's going to be a long time before any player is spoken about in the same regard. 

Maldini ;)

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We should start a petition to be Aaston Villa... then we’d be top aall summer :) 

Until those ****ers Aardvark United get promoted.

Yea but then the solution is simple...

Aaaston Villa number one football team - go go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Yea but then the solution is simple...

Aaaston Villa number one football team - go go 

I like you’re style. Is there anyway we can have enough A’s that we’ll qualify for Europe by default?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

All Dan Bardell said in the podcast was that he didn't have a name but we want a striker and he used the terms 'ambitios' and 'big swoop', which could describe a lot of players, all this talk of smashing our transfer record, signing players for £30m plus, and names like Belotti and Werner, have come from other people.

I've seen others say the fee for this player will "smash" our transfer record. I don't doubt we have this marquee signing ambition and have probably put the leaf work in but we are waiting to see how all the dice fall elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maldini ;)

Good shout. Having spent a lot of time in Italy though over the years still feel Totti gets most the love. But maybe it's just the era, admittedly I haven't spent as much time up north though or through the nineties when Maldo was in his heyday. Paolo is a legend though but they have a few in fairness 

• Like 1

Imagine if we sign Augustin and Benrahma. We wouldn't have to make another signing for like a year.

If we survive this year, this team with a year of playing together under their belt can make a huge wave next season.

I could be wrong but don't think we would leave a major signing until 2 days before the window closes.

Personally I think if we get anyone it will be back up to Wesley .for a moderate fee

6 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm not sure why Torino would agree to that, if they are going to lose their best player and captain you'd think they want some money to replace them no?

Loans with an option to buy only really work for fairly specific circumstances, like when a team is trying to offload a player they are struggling to shift, this is not that scenario.

It would depend on the specific details, my reasoning is that if it was to happen, a loan to buy with the further spread of payments as well as amortisation is most likely. This is due to our current spend and that loans are more prevalent in Serie A, and teams seem to be more open to them (see Nainggolan To Cagliari for instance or Higuain to Chelsea last season). However, it is most unlikely: Belotti signed a recent extension, has 100,000,000€ release clause, the owner stating he is happy to not sell, the player seems reasonably happy, his previous comments on moving to a bigger club (‘champions league’) and being given game time. It’ll be an amazing signing though!