Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Shame he would have been a really a good fit and the type of striker we need.

Liking the look of Augustin who would probably fit us better. 

Wesley - Kodjia - Augustin is not a bad forward rotation at all.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They basically say it is because of the English media so are just going by the Express article...

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

I could be wrong but don't think we would leave a major signing until 2 days before the window closes.

Personally I think if we get anyone it will be back up to Wesley .for a moderate fee

You could argue that the bigger transfers are more likely closer to the window. Maguire going to United will probably see a few moves happen as Leicester will try and get Tarkowski and Burnley will bring in their replacement etc etc. Also United might be happy to let Lukaku or Pogba go to get some cash back in. The bigger the transfer the more complicated it is to make it happen I'd say - hence why they will run tight to deadline day. 

• Like 1

Looking at Augustin’s first season at Liepzig, he scored 9 across 25 appearances, or if you add up his total playing time just over 14 games. Second top goal scorer for Leipzig, plus another 5 assists.

Werner was their top scorer, netting 13 goals in 32 appearances (just under 28 “full” games when added up). Werner provided 7 assists.

In terms of stats, Augustin was quite comparable to Wener, arguably better. Looks like he’s been reduced to a more bit part player for whatever reason.

Away from stats, does anyone have a overview of Augustin? Promising talent who’s not been able to nail down a starting place? If so it would make a bit more sense and seem more realistic than signing someone like Belotti (who I also know little about), who’s seems a bit more experienced, more established, more expensive.

The next AFCON will make for an interesting squad when that comes around next... 

provided the nations all make it of course. 

Benrahma? 

Trezeguet 

Nakamba

Kodjia

Elmohamady?

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The next AFCON will make for an interesting squad when that comes around next... 

provided the nations all make it of course. 

Benrahma? 

Trezeguet 

Nakamba

Kodjia

Elmohamady?

Is it not a summer tournament now?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is it not a summer tournament now?

I know it was changed for 2019, but wasn’t sure it was changed permanently? 

Makes a lot of sense as far as English leagues are concerned!

Edited by Tayls