Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This guy’s a phoney.

He just copied the name and picture that this guy used to have, who used to provide the ITK medical info: @AVFCTransfers1

Cheers Rob, won’t waste my time reading his rubbish then, I’d got mixed up with the old one who doesn’t post any more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yep....Totti is out on his own as modern day legends go in Italy. It's going to be a long time before any player is spoken about in the same regard. 

In the red and yellow half of Rome he is. Outside of Rome though, especially Juve fans, don't rate him anywhere close to how much they should. 

Image Jack staying with us as captain and us winning a couple of titles, a few cups, constant champions league with some very special moments from him against the best there is in the world, oh and he wins a world cup, turns down Real's overtures at his peak. Imagine what we'd think of Jack after all that?! Double it and that's how Totti is thought of by Roma fans. 

It's incredible how often I hear people in other parts of the country do him down though. For me in my memory there's only Baggio that was in the same class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maldini ;)

Different type of player but yeah Maldini is possibly the best Italian player of all time, certainly defender, but then you get in to the who's better between defenders or attacking players and it gets tricky :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Different type of player but yeah Maldini is possibly the best Italian player of all time, certainly defender, but then you get in to the who's better between defenders or attacking players and it gets tricky :D

Pirlo ... Buffon ... Del Piero ... Baggio... god they’ve had some amazing players, but yeah Maldini was bloody good wasnt he? 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Pirlo ... Buffon ... Del Piero ... Baggio... god they’ve had some amazing players, but yeah Maldini was bloody good wasnt he? 

Look at what he's won, and how consistently over how long, just his appearances is insane...

Had it all as far as a full back is concerned though, closes UK equivalent in terms of longevity woudl be Giggs, but he didn't win as much silverware!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Really? I saw Maldini miss a penalty against man utd in a pre season game a few days ago.

Didn't look too impressive to me.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No room for Villa fan Gianluca Pagliuca?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Really? I saw Maldini miss a penalty against man utd in a pre season game a few days ago.

Didn't look too impressive to me.

Ha, that's Jr Jr, 3 generations of Maldini's isn't bad going...

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

In the red and yellow half of Rome he is. Outside of Rome though, especially Juve fans, don't rate him anywhere close to how much they should. 

Image Jack staying with us as captain and us winning a couple of titles, a few cups, constant champions league with some very special moments from him against the best there is in the world, oh and he wins a world cup, turns down Real's overtures at his peak. Imagine what we'd think of Jack after all that?! Double it and that's how Totti is thought of by Roma fans. 

It's incredible how often I hear people in other parts of the country do him down though. For me in my memory there's only Baggio that was in the same class.

Totti is far from put own from my experiences. Throughout Europe and the globe. That's my opinion anyway. 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I raise you, Zoff, Rossi, Tardelli and Cabrini lol!! Don't make me bring in Gentile either or you'll be sleeping with the fishes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Beyond football, I always though Totti was looked down upon as being a bit coarse and a simpleton by the rest of Italy. Am I wrong in this judgement?

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It would depend on the specific details, my reasoning is that if it was to happen, a loan to buy with the further spread of payments as well as amortisation is most likely. This is due to our current spend and that loans are more prevalent in Serie A, and teams seem to be more open to them (see Nainggolan To Cagliari for instance or Higuain to Chelsea last season). However, it is most unlikely: Belotti signed a recent extension, has 100,000,000€ release clause, the owner stating he is happy to not sell, the player seems reasonably happy, his previous comments on moving to a bigger club (‘champions league’) and being given game time. It’ll be an amazing signing though! 

I agree with all of this, it would be a good way of structuring a deal for us, but I was looking at it from Torino's point of view. They don't want or need to sell their star player, it'd be like us loaning out Grealish with an option to buy. It doesn't make sense for the selling club unless they are actively trying to move a player on.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Totti is far from put own from my experiences.

Honestly I've heard people say he's a legend only inside the GRA (equivalent of the M25)!! Juve fans are words removed though ;) Totti was something else though IMO, like I say of players I've seen a bit of only Baggio is the same class for me.

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

I agree with all of this, it would be a good way of structuring a deal for us, but I was looking at it from Torino's point of view. They don't want or need to sell their star player, it'd be like us loaning out Grealish with an option to buy. It doesn't make sense for the selling club unless they are actively trying to move a player on.

Of course, perhaps if the deal contained sweeteners to be structured in such a way. I agree with sentiment though I don’t think they’re desperate to sell.