Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Some (quite rightly), doubt whether their dinner will be on the table tonight, so talk of fancy dan Europa League signings is just beyond the pale.

Yeah, it's shocking. That lard arse has gone to the gym and I'm not sure she'll have my dinner on the table when I get home. She should move faster around the kitchen and it would also save on the subscription to LA Fitness. :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I have a feeling it was either Benrahma or Maupay and we chose the former. 

Wouldn't really make sense to me if that was the case. We need a striker more than we need a winger, imo. 

I think the 'waiting for things to align' thing is more likely to mean that we're waiting for other teams to get in their replacements before we can sign their players, but I guess it could mean anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure I beleive this, doesn't seem earth shattering? Surely a third striker (after Wesley and the "Big Name') if any merit, although at £17m surely Maupay would be better?

Would love for the club to do a swap loan with Brentford, us getting Maupay (loan to buy) and Hogan going back (subsidised wages)?

On 30/06/2019 at 20:35, Villan4Life said:

they will probably sell a couple of midfielders then buy someone like Dru Yearwood of  Southend to replace 2 players they sell! Yearwood's a good player!! They will no doubt raid League 1, 2 and France again.

Above my post from June. Brentford have signed Dru Yearwood today from Southend. He is a good player I rate him a lot.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not sure I beleive this, doesn't seem earth shattering? Surely a third striker (after Wesley and the "Big Name') if any merit, although at £17m surely Maupay would be better?

Would love for the club to do a swap loan with Brentford, us getting Maupay (loan to buy) and Hogan going back (subsidised wages)?

Augustin would be a good signing and a starter. Didn't play so much last season, but has long been earmarked as a future French international.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think this qualifies. You're talking about one of the hottest French starlets around, moving from CL club to CL club. People seriously need a reality check. 

• Like 1

Our French scout said at the start of the summer that their might be a few of their young players that could be of interest to us, made me think of players like like Mateta, Bamba, or Edouard, in relation to a striker, I guess Augustin would fit the bill as well.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not a goal scorer.

Oh he is. Just stagnated a bit and not clicked with Roma. What we need is someone that can accept and handle rotation with Wesley, while having potential and being a good allround striker. Schick probably ticks every box.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I’m not in the know and never profess to be!! 

However for anybody that can be bothered to look back at the Dean Smith thread, you’ll see I called his appointment before anybody else.

Same source has told me Benrahma is done.

The exciting striker is Belotti of Torino - he’s in advanced talks but it could go down to deadline day. 

Make of it what you will. 

Belotti would be the biggest signing Villa has ever made IMO. That would be unbelievable, he is almost like Torino's Totti.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think this qualifies. You're talking about one of the hottest French starlets around, moving from CL club to CL club. People seriously need a reality check. 

Defo very talented, fits perfectly into the invest in young talent, to qualify my statement: doesn't fit the "smash the transfer budget, big name" hence the 3rd choice question. The article mentions a £17m figure.

Would love him here incidentally, huge potential but needs game time - can we offer that this season?

Edited by thunderball