Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Beyond football, I always though Totti was looked down upon as being a bit coarse and a simpleton by the rest of Italy. Am I wrong in this judgement?

Yeah, northern Italy looks down on the south, and Rome is like the start of the south really. Totti has a very think roman accent and speaks in dialect in interviews and stuff. That's enough for a northerner to think you are stupid and coarse. Totally not true, but there you go. It's like a posh londoner saying Scholes was ignorant because he spoke with a manc accent in interviews. IMO real Italy starts at Rome and ends in Lampedusa ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyway, Belotti won't happen, Augustin would be amazing. Smith has said they are still working on stuff so should be a good next few days, the starters against spurs though won't be affected you'd think...

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Totti is far from put own from my experiences. Throughout Europe and the globe. That's my opinion anyway. 

I raise you, Zoff, Rossi, Tardelli and Cabrini lol!! Don't make me bring in Gentile either or you'll be sleeping with the fishes. 

The funny thing is Villa played against Juventus in 1983 after winning the European cup against Zoff ,Rossi, Tardelli,Betagga,and Platinini and we were completely outplayed.I remember for very large periods of the game we didn’t touch the ball.Probably the best away team I have seen at Villa park.

Edited by Londonastonvilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The funny thing is Villa played against Juventus in 1983 after winning the European cup against Zoff ,Rossi, Tardelli,Betagga,and Platinini and we were completely outplayed.I remember for very large periods of the game we didn’t touch the ball.Probably the best away team I have seen at Villa park.

Some of my work here takes me in to a couple of prisons, one older guy's eyes lit up when I said I supported Villa and he told me about being there in 83. He also mentioned they won 2-1! 

14 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Was at that game as a ten year old with my old man. It was an amazing juve side. Platini was arguably the best player in Europe during that time. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah, northern Italy looks down on the south, and Rome is like the start of the south really. Totti has a very think roman accent and speaks in dialect in interviews and stuff. That's enough for a northerner to think you are stupid and coarse. Totally not true, but there you go. It's like a posh londoner saying Scholes was ignorant because he spoke with a manc accent in interviews. IMO real Italy starts at Rome and ends in Lampedusa ;) 

C'è solo un capitano!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was at that game as a ten year old with my old man. It was an amazing juve side. Platini was arguably the best player in Europe during that time. 

Romavillan mentions the score was 2-1 I can’t believe that we scored and it was that close .My memory must have blocked it out.

6 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Romavillan mentions the score was 2-1 I can’t believe that we scored and it was that close .My memory must have blocked it out.

3-1 we lost away aswell. I tell a lie though because I was actually 9 at the time. Frightening when you look at the teams.... It was virtually World Cup winners v's European Cup winners. Probably imo collectively the highest amount of high top players on the VP pitch at anyone time involving us. Even those not Italian for Juve were Boniek and Platini. The days!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Cowans got our equaliser, but Boniek hit a late winner for them. They deserved to go through (winning the second leg 3-1), although I wouldn't have agreed so readily back then (I wasn't too good a loser). 😉

I still find it amazing that they didn't go on to lift our trophy that year. 🏆

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Belotti doesnt fit our transfer signing policy for me. All of our signings except Heaton are hungry and unproven talents and this is what I think we are looking for

I don't think it's happening -- though I'd need new pants if it did -- but Belotti is only 25. It's not as if he's some past his prime geezer.

Random pondering from me...

Maybe a sweetener for the supposed Augustin deal was us playing a friendly against them using our full strength team, and agreeing to accept their 100% effort in attempting to cripple our team (I.e. let them play a proper match the way they want to without fear of repercussions from us)?

The second match using our b team also supports this link up between the clubs. Maybe our owners have links to each other?

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Random pondering from me...

Maybe a sweetener for the supposed Augustin deal was us playing a friendly against them using our full strength team, and agreeing to accept their 100% effort in attempting to cripple our team (I.e. let them play a proper match the way they want to without fear of repercussions from us)?

The second match using our b team also supports this link up between the clubs. Maybe our owners have links to each other?

I can’t see us agreeing to let our first team to be kicked about unchecked a week before the season starts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1