Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we are signing Benrahma and a striker I would expect that we'd find out either today or early tomorrow. Can't see us doing any last minute rushed deals on Thursday.

Benrahma today and a striker on Thursday then. We all know that Wednesday is the forbidden day for signings.

That last Wednesday announcement was done purely to show that the bosses at the club are only human after all. 

Still being linked to defensive midfielders this time  L'Équipe saying that Norwich have beaten us to the signing of Ibrahim Amadou. Only logic I can see in us going for another midielder is that we play with three, and if you imagine that Marvelous, Hourihane, Luiz, Grealish and McGinn are the five main ones, then we might want another who's better than Bjarnason or Lansbury to give us six options so we have two players for each of the three midfield spots, doesn't seem like a pressing need though.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Still being linked to defensive midfielders this time  L'Équipe saying that Norwich have beaten us to the signing of Ibrahim Amadou. Only logic I can see in us going for another midielder is that we play with three, and if you imagine that Marvelous, Hourihane, Luiz, Grealish and McGinn are the five main ones, then we might want another who's better than Bjarnason or Lansbury to give us six options so we have two players for each of the three midfield spots, doesn't seem like a pressing need though.

Given their role, surely exactly what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Benhrama today.

Then a last minute deadline deal full of drama for Belotti would pretty much sum up a perfect window.

The only downside is that we still have the likes Hogan, Thor, Kalinic etc. that we couldn't sell off. If we could sell 3 or 4 of those it really would be as good a window as it gets.  

44 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can someone change the title of this thread to 'The Francesco Totti Appreciation Thread 2019'

Loved him, I have a few Italian and Roma shirts with him on the back.

1 hour ago, allani said:

At the risk of @romavillan and I turning this into a Totti appreciation / Roma fanboy / pro Southern Italy thread (although seriously you haven't been to Italy until you have made it down South) if you haven't seen Totti's farewell to Roma after his last match 2 seasons ago then watch this: Totti Farewell video.  It is not a short video but it is absolutely unreal.  If anyone on this site manages to watch the entire thing without crying then they are not human.  I have never seen anything like it.  More players should watch this too because a farewell like this is priceless in comparison to the money that Totti could have made moving to any other team in the world.

I honestly don't think there is a more admirable virtue than loyalty.

• Like 2

The thing about Totti is that he was widely regarded as one of the best youth players in his age bracket. If I remember correctly he started his football career in a local team (just a few kilometers from Olimpico). He was offered contracts with pretty much every big club in Italy, for more money than Roma, yet he picked AS Roma. He is a local lad, and isn't very flashy. At least that's my impression, very down to earth and likeable bloke. Then he became one of the best footballers in the world. Picked up the scudetto for Roma in 2001 (which I think was the second time they have ever one it). Was offered stupid money by Real, Chelsea and such, but stayed with Roma for something like 25-30 years, where he probably had 20+ years as a senior player and captain. It's hard to understand, but he is like mr. Rome. And is it one thing they do well in Rome, it's idolization. 

I don't really like the Maldini comparison, cause Maldini largely played in a very good side and won a bunch of things. Totti didn't, yet decided to stay with his team for his entire career. Loyalty should come with him as an example. 

Anyway, I know people are bored of Totti now, so ignore me. 

Lets sign some players!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The only downside is that we still have the likes Hogan, Thor, Kalinic etc. that we couldn't sell off. If we could sell 3 or 4 of those it really would be as good a window as it gets.  

The European window stays open until September - so we might be able to move Thor, Kalinic etc on after our window closes.

• Like 1

I know this is a speculation thread but I for one am enjoying the Totti love in. Nothing is more admirable in football than loyalty. Totti's relationship and career with Roma is everything I hope Grealish's will be with us.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3