Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Danny Welbeck supposedly asking £100k/w + a £5m signing fee :crylaugh:

Good luck with that, not even West Ham will pay that surely.

If he sits tight Bruce might offer him a deadline day deal if he can convince Ashley as unlikely as it seems

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If he sits tight Bruce might offer him a deadline day deal if he can convince Ashley as unlikely as it seems

They are getting Carroll back according to the rags :D 

• Haha 1

I have a feeling that our business will be done by Friday in terms of incoming players.

This then leaves next week free to offload fringe players to teams panic buying and paying over the odds. It also gives us a week to find the best clubs available for players to leave for loans for a full season.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

These Walter Benitez to Villa rumours can't be real. I hope they are. Would trump all the transfers so far

He was talking about getting a call up to Argentina so guess he wants to move to major european league to get more in the spotlight.

He's not a bad keeper at all (watched a few Nice games last year to see how Vieira is getting on). Athletic and decent on crosses although he prefers punching them. Reminds me of Ospina actually who was the previous Nice keeper before Arsenal signed him.

https://mundoalbiceleste.com/2019/02/22/nice-coach-patrick-viera-walter-benitez-argentina-team/

Nice coach Patrick VIERA has stated that Walter BENITEZ should be in the Argentina team.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I have a feeling that our business will be done by Friday in terms of incoming players.

This then leaves next week free to offload fringe players to teams panic buying and paying over the odds. It also gives us a week to find the best clubs available for players to leave for loans for a full season.

Players that need a loan

Bree, Suliman, Clarke, JDH, COH, Ramsey, RHM and possibly Davis and Green depending on if we sign a striker/winger.

Players that we need to sell

Thor, Tshibola, Hogan, Kalinic if we sign a keeper.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

There's not been that many deals done in the PL so far. Next week should be pretty crazy. Glad we have done our business early.

One of the best signs that a club is being run well. Badly run clubs make panic signings at the end of the window. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Players that need a loan

Bree, Suliman, Clarke, JDH, COH, Ramsey, RHM and possibly Davis and Green depending on if we sign a striker/winger.

That 'players we need to sell' list looks miniscule compared to what it was a couple of months ago. 

This really has been a good window, with the "outs" almost as impressive as the "ins"

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

There's not been that many deals done in the PL so far. Next week should be pretty crazy. Glad we have done our business early.

The good old working from home Thursday 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Players that need a loan

Of those, I think Kalinic should be easy enough to sell, Hogan again I’m sure will be possible. Thor can go abroad easy enough I imagine, but Tshibola... not sure we’ll be able to sell him, might just have to release.

On phone so not gonna try and link, maybe someone else can.

L'equipe say we have had a €7m bid rejected for Santamaria.

We still buying nakamba???

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Totally, we needed to though, to be able to work with a team in preseason!

With Nakamba's medical today I have to say this is the greatest window ever. I mean, we made the best of 'the lights are still on at BMH' when we got Dawkins. And we had some fun the window before relegation. But this window, beats them all, by so many miles I can't even remember who we signed first. Total ambition from the owners. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With Nakamba's medical today I have to say this is the greatest window ever. 

Agreed and I think we might still get a couple more signings or loan deals.

• Like 2