Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I’ve been tracking of his recent displays and he has played well certainly trying to seal his place in our starting XI however compared to trezeguet or benrahma (who i think we will sign) he isnt as good but i would like him to prove me wrong if he is. 

Isn’t it too soon to say Trezeguet is better than Jota??? We’ve barely seen him play...

Jota has shown some genuine quality during preseason and was great at Brentford. Tore us a new areshole too.

He was unfortunately stuck at a shite small-time club until we rescued him.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Isn’t it too soon to say Trezeguet is better than Jota??? We’ve barely seen him play...

Jota has shown some genuine quality during preseason and was great at Brentford. Tore us a new areshole too.

He was unfortunately stuck at a shite small-time club until we rescued him.

I for one didn’t fully approve of trezeguet as i see him as a player who may show A lot of inconsistency but compared to jota i rate him higher. Its baffling as no team as come for jota and all of a sudden we believe hes going to be fantastic for us.. he may very well be but for many seasons he hasnt done otherwise hed be in the Premier League or somewhere on that level by now. Yes i feel jota will start against Spurs too but i didnt include him in the starting XI as i feel we have better options. Why did he not become fans favourite at blues if he was so good and look how poor they are ?

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I’ve been keeping track of his recent displays and he has played well certainly trying to seal his place in our starting XI however compared to trezeguet or benrahma (who i think we will sign) he isnt as good but i would like him to prove me wrong if he is. Also the opposition in these friendlies are not exactly world beaters.

by keeping track do you mean you have or havent watched all the pre season matches?

Hassan "could" be amazing, but he has had 45 minutes and done little (some nice touches, looks like he has some talent - but its 45 mins), it will likely take him some time to settle and adjust, in the same way it took El Ghazi to do, also Hassan's best position is LW afaik, so really you would be choosing El Ghazi or Hassan tbh, but ye.....all of them can play left or right tbh.

the "world beating" comment is nonsense, you can only play what is put in front of you, and all the players played the same opposition, some looking good, some looking not so good, its a good barometer of their ability, if they arent looking decent versus the lower opposition, then that's a real question mark, if they look excellent, that's also worthy of note.

i sometimes wonder if people make these assessments of players and who should play based on a fantasy assessment they have in their head, rather than actually assessing how good they actually are.

I agree with Benrahma though, i also hope we sign him.

Just now, RicRic said:

I for one didn’t fully approve of trezeguet as i see him as a player who may show A lot of inconsistency but compared to jota i rate him higher. Its baffling as no team as come for jota and all of a sudden we believe hes going to be fantastic for us.. he may very well be but for many seasons he hasnt done otherwise hed be in the Premier League or somewhere on that level by now. Yes i feel jota will start against Spurs too but i didnt include him in the starting XI as i feel we have better options. Why did he not become fans favourite at blues if he was so good and look how poor they are ?

because they didnt know how to use him, and didnt play the correct style to utilise him properly, and even considering this he still got 9 or 10 assists, then add all the goal scoring chances he created and they missed, which was quite a lot tbh, he actually wasnt that bad considering SHA are shi*e.

he was a maestro playing with 10 neanderthals at SHA.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Because they are and have always been a shite, dull, turgid, scrappy little club that don’t know what attractive football is. They’ve always been way beneath us and not worth our breath or time. How was he ever supposed to thrive there? And he still got a decent amount of assists and goals.

They couldn’t appreciate a quality footballer. FFS, they’re in love with the flipping Gardner brothers!!

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Unrealistic perhaps but I’d like us to sign one of Fedor Chalov/  Jean Philippe Mateta/  josh Sargent/ Josip Brekalo/ Bertrand Traore as striker. Then Butland as GK. Benrahma or Calvin Stengs as an additional winger and icing on the cake of Bayliss, Dan Happe and maybe Marcus Edwards as young back ups to loan out. Ain’t gunna happen I appreciate...

are you Jorge Mendes's Apprentice.?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Haha I’ve got too much time on my hands haven’t I 🤔🤣😂🤣

Too knowledgeable for this board.😀

I was excited, that I knew one.....................Butland.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Too knowledgeable for this board.😀

I was excited, that I knew one.....................Butland.

I read a Lot of articles blogs and way h YouTube .... used to play lots of FM before kids ... Sargent looks like he could be the next big thing For US football and Stengs for the Dutch... Mateta is in the mould of Wesley.  Still researching fully Chalov & Brekalo and they are probs our of our league at present 

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I read a Lot of articles blogs and way h YouTube .... used to play lots of FM before kids ... Sargent looks like he could be the next big thing For US football and Stengs for the Dutch... Mateta is in the mould of Wesley.  Still researching fully Chalov & Brekalo and they are probs our of our league at present 

you need to link up with Villan4life.....you could be a formidable duo.

Edited by TRO

On 13/07/2019 at 13:03, VillaAlex said:

Walter Benitez of Nice? 🧐

He has a year left on his contract and has been superb in Ligue 1

Suggested Walter Benitez might be a potential goalkeeper matching @omariqy cryptic post a while back. Now seen that the Villa Analytics account on Twitter link to the supposed twitter account of his wife retweeting about Benitez and Villa from a Villa Analytics twitter page. 🤔

He speaks Spanish and probably knows some French from his time in France. 12 months left as well so a lot cheaper than Butland, could be a very smart signing...

19 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Suggested Walter Benitez might be a potential goalkeeper matching @omariqy cryptic post a while back. Now seen that the Villa Analytics account on Twitter link to the supposed twitter account of his wife retweeting about Benitez and Villa from a Villa Analytics twitter page. 🤔

He speaks Spanish and probably knows some French from his time in France. 12 months left as well so a lot cheaper than Butland, could be a very smart signing...

Would he get a work permit though? 

• Like 1