Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

If and its a big IF matt Phillips is available for under 8 Mill then for me definitely worth a punt. 

He has insane pace and strength and when he is fit was a handful against Premier league defences. 

Always been a fan but has terrible injury record. Personally don't believe WBA will let him go on the cheap though. 

Would be perfect as backup winger who would genuinely challenge ge starters

Good shout, he’s someone I’ve always admired since his Wycombe days, I’d take him

8 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

If and its a big IF matt Phillips is available for under 8 Mill then for me definitely worth a punt. 

He has insane pace and strength and when he is fit was a handful against Premier league defences. 

Always been a fan but has terrible injury record. Personally don't believe WBA will let him go on the cheap though. 

Would be perfect as backup winger who would genuinely challenge ge starters

Expect another minimum fee of 20 mill no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why?

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hazard guess, but it means he doesn't think we're signing Benrahma

Yup. Just opinions and a feeling.

I don't think it's likely we reach a deal with Brentford (who rate him more than Maupay) when they don't need the cash and probably have their best chance in their history of promotion next season with a new ground coming in 2020.

If we were desperate for wingers I could see us splashing the cash late in the window, but with 3 already signed I doubt the club are anywhere near as worried about signing a fourth winger as some of us are. We managed most of last season after Christmas rotating 3 so even without another Green might not be anywhere near playing.

You never know what discussions have gone on between a player and club or where his head is though. I'm definitely not saying I'll be amazed if we sign him this summer, just don't see it as being likely.

59 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Im sold on Maupay, have been for a long time now, he gets in those nooks and crannys of defences. Are you one of those who likes his big heavy strikers?? well we have that in wesley, now we need someone who can play entirely different and has a different physique, Maupay would be that guy.

Just have my doubts for some unknown reason he can make the step up ... I’m happy to be proven wrong but just see him being an expensive folly. Would prefer McBurnie from Swansea myself. 

Edited by thabucks

Butland. 

Benrahma. 

Think that will be that. 

Can see Smith going for the JK approach at Plop and the ‘false 9’ with Jota and Ben being able to play up top if needed. Plus Jimmy as back up. 

• Like 1

Let's not forget that maupay is at the same Brentford that made Hogan look like an assassin in front of goal, that alone should be a little pause for thought.

One thing is for certain, Brentford are a creative and chance creating team, but after Hogan I think I would always take a double take at the striker scoring the goals there and make sure they aren't another Hogan.....

Not saying maupay is another Hogan, just saying once bitten twice shy.....

3 hours ago, NIVillan said:

We need to stop bitching about Xia selling any sell on clauses.  Xia kept us out of bankruptcy long enough for us to get our current owners in.

Wyness wanted us to go into admin so he could get his mates to buy us on the cheap.

Xia has many faults but he was a breath of fresh air at the time, allowing Villa Fans to believe again.  The first year bills were paid and he was pumping money in and we did a lot of Spending that first Summer and then Bruce in that first Winter transfer time.

Something happened where he was no longer able to pump money in etc but he allowed Bruce to bring in loans such as Snodgrass and sign Terry.  He gambled and lost.

Xia respected Villa and wanted the best for his dream of taking the club back.

As said he has many faults, trusting pieces of poop like Wyness is one of them but Xia's time and the explosion of interest again when we just missed promotion attracted our new overlords and for that we should be thankful even if we miss a few million on sell on clauses.

Lol. I hate Wyness more than Xia sure but Xia nearly ruined our club. Let's be real.