Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That's a likely outcome, but will he be good enough for the Prem?

No advantage in us guessing. Let’s wait and see, that’s if he get’s a significant chance.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

You say he pumped money in, but I remember some analysis pointing out that he had just spent the parachute payments and had really put basically no money in at all.

So where did that 100 mill that got spent by bruce come from then, I doubt Xia just spent the parachute payments. I think he did spend some of his own money, what money he could get over here anyway.

What did the Owners pay Xia for Villa again, he spent his own money buying the club so I think he did have some. I just think those who say he didn't have no money are wrong. I still believe it was because he couldn't move his money out of China why the tax bills were not getting paid. China are so funny about there people spending outside of there country unless it's actually going to be a full proof money maker and Villa wasn't at the time, it was a big gamble what Xia was doing.

• Like 1

Anyone mentioned the Matty Phillips rumour yet? There doesn't seem to be anything to it at all and only reported by sites with no credibility so I expect it's nonsense.

If he was available on the cheap would people take him as a 4th choice winger so we could loan Green out?

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

So where did that 100 mill that got spent by bruce come from then, I doubt Xia just spent the parachute payments. I think he did spend some of his own money, what money he could get over here anyway.

What did the Owners pay Xia for Villa again, he spent his own money buying the club so I think he did have some. I just think those who say he didn't have no money are wrong. I still believe it was because he couldn't move his money out of China why the tax bills were not getting paid. China are so funny about there people spending outside of there country unless it's actually going to be a full proof money maker and Villa wasn't at the time, it was a big gamble what Xia was doing.

Wasn't it widely reported we'd borrowed against every bit of future income (PPs & transfer fees still due) we could by last summer?

It's a bit different buying the club as he still owned an asset. Also, did he really? Pretty sure it was all owned under the Recon umbrella and this is a very, very different thing to spending his money.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I guess we will either sign Maupay or someone out of nowhere ... Not sold on Maupay personally....  #freebenitez #announcephillips 

Im sold on Maupay, have been for a long time now, he gets in those nooks and crannys of defences. Are you one of those who likes his big heavy strikers?? well we have that in wesley, now we need someone who can play entirely different and has a different physique, Maupay would be that guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What is happening in this thread?

How are people still jumping to the defence of Xia. Have we gone back in time 12 months?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Anyone mentioned the Matty Phillips rumour yet? There doesn't seem to be anything to it at all and only reported by sites with no credibility so I expect it's nonsense.

If he was available on the cheap would people take him as a 4th choice winger so we could loan Green out?

Just came here to post the same thing.

We've made a bid somewhere between £11m-£15m for the Scottish left winger, according to my WBA mate.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Wasn't it widely reported we'd borrowed against every bit of future income (PPs & transfer fees still due) we could by last summer?

It's a bit different buying the club as he still owned an asset. Also, did he really? Pretty sure it was all owned under the Recon umbrella and this is a very, very different thing to spending his money.

Thing is no one truly knows apart from him, the people around him, the EFL who must of been happy at the time with him being owner as certain things would of had to of been disclosed.

I guess it's easier for people to call him a fraud because we were in trouble at the time, I still believe he had good intentions, poor choices yes, but had good intentions for Villa. 

If and its a big IF matt Phillips is available for under 8 Mill then for me definitely worth a punt. 

He has insane pace and strength and when he is fit was a handful against Premier league defences. 

Always been a fan but has terrible injury record. Personally don't believe WBA will let him go on the cheap though. 

Would be perfect as backup winger who would genuinely challenge ge starters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What is happening in this thread?

How are people still jumping to the defence of Xia. Have we gone back in time 12 months?

I just don't see the point of blaming someone fully for a problem that had been getting worse long before Xia came in, like I said it's easy for some people to accuse when they don't know the full ins and outs of it all.

But never mind it's in the past now and let's leave it there and move forward to happy times.