Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Some rumours going around about Watkins going from GP to Crystal Palace, where Sørloth is part of the deal. Sørloth is a striker (I quite like him for the championship, but I digress), so I wonder if that means Maupay is moving ? 

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/football-brentford-close-to-signing-ecuadorean-forward-valencia

Brentford are close to agreeing a deal to sign forward Joel Valencia from Polish side Piast Gliwice.

The 24-year-old Ecuadorean scored six goals in 33 appearances in the Polish top flight last season and previously played for Spain at youth level. 

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Some rumours going around about Watkins going from GP to Crystal Palace, where Sørloth is part of the deal. Sørloth is a striker (I quite like him for the championship, but I digress), so I wonder if that means Maupay is moving ? 

source.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Hoganaldo said:

Gueye's moved from Everton to PSG, apparently £29-£30m.. anyone know if we had a sell on clause/will get anything from it?

We probably had, but then Xia.

So no.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoganaldo said:

Gueye's moved from Everton to PSG, apparently £29-£30m.. anyone know if we had a sell on clause/will get anything from it?

We didn't. We had one for Veretout but Xia sold it to pay for his weekly Aldi shop.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoganaldo said:

No, Everton signed him because of a relegation release clause, it's not possible as far as I am aware to add sell on fees to such clauses, so once Everton bid over the release clause value we had no way of inserting anything in to the deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NIVillan said:

We need to stop bitching about Xia selling any sell on clauses.  Xia kept us out of bankruptcy long enough for us to get our current owners in.

Wyness wanted us to go into admin so he could get his mates to buy us on the cheap.

Xia has many faults but he was a breath of fresh air at the time, allowing Villa Fans to believe again.  The first year bills were paid and he was pumping money in and we did a lot of Spending that first Summer and then Bruce in that first Winter transfer time.

Something happened where he was no longer able to pump money in etc but he allowed Bruce to bring in loans such as Snodgrass and sign Terry.  He gambled and lost.

Xia respected Villa and wanted the best for his dream of taking the club back.

As said he has many faults, trusting pieces of poop like Wyness is one of them but Xia's time and the explosion of interest again when we just missed promotion attracted our new overlords and for that we should be thankful even if we miss a few million on sell on clauses.

You say he pumped money in, but I remember some analysis pointing out that he had just spent the parachute payments and had really put basically no money in at all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You say he pumped money in, but I remember some analysis pointing out that he had just spent the parachute payments and had really put basically no money in at all.

I don't care if he did put money in. The guy was a fraud that nearly destroyed the club. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

As we are linked with almost every goalkeeper ever, which GK do you think we will end up with? 

Steer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That's a likely outcome, but will he be good enough for the Prem?

I don't think so.....but happy to be wrong.