Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Santamaria isn't remotely similar player to Lansbury. He's out and out DM. I've written off Lansbury in the past but he's been one of stand out players in pre season. 

Good point I forgot about his attacking instincts due to BruceBall and injury ... still sell him though if an offer came in as he is hardly ever fit, and as I said his wages to what he offers are way out of sync.. 

Edited by thabucks

I can say that after watching both of them a number of times last year that Benrahma and Maupay at the right price would be great business for a club in our position.

I am also sure that there may well be similar or better value out there.

But I don’t know who they are or who they play for. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Marvelous Nakamba and Baptise Santamaria would be the best named midfield football has ever seen. Get them both in.

It sounds like a pair of footballers from a "Toast of London" 5 a side team.

"Can you hear me Baptiste Santamaria" etc...

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Didn't even know we had him on our radar:

Aston Villa’s offer for Baptiste Santamaria rejected

Was rumoured weeks ago before any talk of Luiz and Nakamba. Proper DM think I'd prefer to Nakamba but will see

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was rumoured weeks ago before any talk of Luiz and Nakamba. Proper DM think I'd prefer to Nakamba but will see

I'll take your word for it, hopefully get both and have three as options and competing for the role, makes for good rotation as well.

Edited by Dave-R

From what' I've seen of Santamaria he plays deep, but he's very good on the ball and is a very good passer and has a very good range with those passes, the kind of midfielder that in these modern times sometimes gets referred to as a 'quarterback'.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it’s a mental thing with Mitch Clark, in terms of natural talent, he’s great but I saw him swearing at a referee once at a youth team match. I think his attitude let’s him down that’s why we got rid of him, that’s my opinion, probably completely wrong but I thought I’d throw it out there :)

Do you think he still has a chance to succeed at the highest level? I read his agents comments after he moved to Leicester and it sounded as if they were chasing the money, saying he had offers for more play time lower down the league's but he wanted to get the best deal for the player.

That didn't sit well with me, potentially we offered him an extension to his contract that he rejected??

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Do you think he still has a chance to succeed at the highest level? I read his agents comments after he moved to Leicester and it sounded as if they were chasing the money, saying he had offers for more play time lower down the league's but he wanted to get the best deal for the player.

That didn't sit well with me, potentially we offered him an extension to his contract that he rejected??

Yes, I do if he sorts his head out, in terms of natural talent, he’s one the best I’ve seen come through our academy in recent years. I was lucky enough to see his first team debut at left back for us against Wigan Athletic, he was outstanding, constantly bombing on

• Like 2

Some rumours going around about Watkins going from GP to Crystal Palace, where Sørloth is part of the deal. Sørloth is a striker (I quite like him for the championship, but I digress), so I wonder if that means Maupay is moving ? 

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Marvelous Nakamba and Baptise Santamaria would be the best named midfield football has ever seen. Get them both in.

They would have had some difficulty bettering a potential Jimmy Brown, Oscar Arce and Barry Hole combination. 😁

• Haha 2