Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

Been told he can leave.

Hasn't featured at all in pre-season. Is finished here.

Agreed. He wasn't good enough for the Championship, he has no chance now.

One of our worst ever signings.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Joe Hart linked to a Porto move, if that goes through I imagine it means Heaton deal is dead

Good ... Younger keepers of better quality available out there ...

• Like 1

All the keeper talk, is all the more weird with Steer signing a long term deal. I wonder what he has been told.

• Yes we are bringing in a new keeper but you start as number 1
  • Yes we are bringing in a new keeper - but you've been a loyal servant - have a pay rise and a 4 year deal 
  • Or maybe steer is one of those keepers who is content with taking a wage whether he is number 1 or  reserve keeper..

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Joe Hart linked to a Porto move, if that goes through I imagine it means Heaton deal is dead

Heaton doesn't fit the profile. One of the silliest journo fishing links imo

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

All the keeper talk, is all the more weird with Steer signing a long term deal. I wonder what he has been told.

• Yes we are bringing in a new keeper - but you've been a loyal servant - have a pay rise and a 4 year deal 
  • Or maybe steer is one of those keepers who is content with taking a wage whether he is number 1 or  reserve keeper..

He conceded 9 in last 13 and half league games and 2 were against Norwich where Hutton went walkabout for the first goal. That said Hourihane new deal and Engels talking him up as one of the leaders of the team has me worried about first XI

Me and Smith are on wavelength this summer. Bought Konsa as backup, not as first choice. Replaced Taylor. Bought in another CM as roation depth after Luiz. etc. Top man.

He will now sign another striker with experience from English football and we won't be signing another goalkeeper. Steer, Nyland and Kalinic is more than adequate options to cement ourselves back in the PL. No reason to do everything this summer. 

Nailed on 😜

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Me and Smith are on wavelength this summer. Bought Konsa as backup, not as first choice. Replaced Taylor. Bought in another CM as roation depth after Luiz. etc. Top man.

He will now sign another striker with experience from English football and we won't be signing another goalkeeper. Steer, Nyland and Kalinic is more than adequate options to cement ourselves back in the PL. No reason to do everything this summer. 

Nailed on 😜

Agreed, Maupay it is then..

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nailed on 😜

Actually me and Smith are bssically using the same alpha waves and we will definitely sign a striker, not from the UK, and a keeper.

...and another winger.

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

Option 3. Like most goalkeepers in the world.

I don't think Steer will consider that playing a big part in our record winning run and promotion via the play-offs suddenly makes him a Premier League standard keeper. Before having his Charlton loan cancelled he was in the position that numerous managers had deemed him not good enough for a Championship team, and he was loaned out to a League One club - and wasn't exactly setting the world alight there either.

He helped us get promoted (despite also making a clanger or two last season), and that has earned him an extension and a position in the squad - but I'm sure he knows that he's not good enough to be our 'nailed on starting Prem keeper', and we'll bring in a quality keeper who he can compete with for a starting position.

13 hours ago, privateer said:

Nope, that anagram beats me, I think.

Noke Steelsac is the closest I get and if that's the guys he gets my approval. We need a brave goalkeeper.

Skeleton case

Coke lateness

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I imagine Steer has been told we may be bringing in a new keeper but they want him to challenge him for the position along with Kalinic.

Simple as that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

I don’t think anyone is certain of a start. I do think we need another forward off Wes at least away from home when we will be more defensive. Maupay fits that bill for me. I think he will become a very good player.

I think he is already a very good little player. I keep hearing people on hear saying he’d flop in the Premier League but I think the reason he’d do well is because of his toughness and confidence he’d carry on doing a good up up here with us.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think we are looking for the same profile for GK. GK is one position where you can buy experience and retain value because of their long shelf life. Plus experience matters a lot at the back, especially the keeper.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine Steer has been told we may be bringing in a new keeper but they want him to challenge him for the position along with Kalinic.

Simple as that.

Either or I’ll always have some love for Steer because of his performances second half of last season! Now he’ll always be fondly remembered by us lof!

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

It was widely reported that we were in for Heaton but were put off by the price Burnley were demanding. I don't think it was just idle newspaper speculation.

• Like 1

All promoted players run the risk of being downgraded out of the starting 11 by new players. It's simply just how it is, unless you are one of the team's key players. 

Steer is a very good keeper but he'll have to prove himself all over again as capable of performing at that same level in the top flight. If he's good enough, he'll do just that. That's how most first choice keepers get to be first choice.