Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Suggested Walter Benitez might be a potential goalkeeper matching @omariqy cryptic post a while back. Now seen that the Villa Analytics account on Twitter link to the supposed twitter account of his wife retweeting about Benitez and Villa from a Villa Analytics twitter page. 🤔

He speaks Spanish and probably knows some French from his time in France. 12 months left as well so a lot cheaper than Butland, could be a very smart signing...

Could it not be that she's retweeting something because its about her husband as a player and nothing to do with Villa?

Just now, DCJonah said:

Could it not be that she's retweeting something because its about her husband as a player and nothing to do with Villa?

I think the tweet didn't even reference his full name. 

Probably a fake account or something but interesting.

29 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Twitter rumouring Walter Benitez - of Nice - best shot stopper in Europe....

6'3...26....Argentinian.

getting closer to the criteria.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Would he get a work permit though? 

Depends on how much we paid Nice and him (i.e. same deal as with Douglas Luiz), he's got no international caps and as far as I can see no second nationality.

Wonder how many times we can go to the work permit panel and get away with it?!

59 minutes ago, useless said:

I could be wrong but reading the original posts made me think that Koen Casteels is the cryptic goalkeeper...

Nope, that anagram beats me, I think.

Noke Steelsac is the closest I get and if that's the guys he gets my approval. We need a brave goalkeeper.

• Haha 1

Probably completely wrong but the reason I thought of that name was 'no howlers' made me think of a wolf, and 'waffling on' made me think of Belgium, as in Belgium waffle, Casteels is a Belgium goalkeeper who plays for Wolfsburg, and he's 26 or 27, he's also played in the Belgium league, which seems to be a case with a lot our signings and players that we've been linked to. That said I see he was linked to Barcelona in the January transfer window, so not sure how realistic he would be for us. I'm sure we must have many goalkeepers under consideration, still wouldn't surprise me at all if we ended up with Butland.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Anyone watched Bilel Hassani play?

18 y.o french winger who's been linked with a bunch of big clubs and now latest Arsenal and Wet Spam.

Plays for French U17, supposed to be a huge talent.

He's a free agent after running out his contract at Nancy.

Would be a one for the future signing but exactly the type we should be making if we are to develop and build a new youth program.

Looks impressive from his Youtube videos, but then again they all do.

So far I have learnt about Walter Benítez:

Twitter - #FreeBenitez has been started because he doesn’t play enough.

Whoscored - he played in 35 league games last year.

Wikipedia - he hasn’t played since 2017.

This thread - he had the most saves in Europe last year.

Someone please help...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone watched Bilel Hassani play?

18 y.o french winger who's been linked with a bunch of big clubs and now latest Arsenal and Wet Spam.

Plays for French U17, supposed to be a huge talent.

He's a free agent after running out his contract at Nancy.

Because of his age a transfer fee would be set by tribunal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So far I have learnt about Walter Benítez:

Twitter - #FreeBenitez has been started because he doesn’t play enough.

Whoscored - he played in 35 league games last year.

Wikipedia - he hasn’t played since 2017.

This thread - he had the most saves in Europe last year.

Someone please help...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9122362/walter-benitez-prem-transfer-europes-stopper/amp

WALTER BENITEZ was statistically Europe’s best goalkeeper last season – and he’s open to a Premier League switch.

The Nice stopper saved over 80 per cent of the shots he faced – beating the likes of Jan Oblak and Alisson

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Walter Benitez looks class ..sign him up ! Obligatory YouTube video

One thing I really like the look of with this guy in his highlights is he is shown actually catching and smothering. Many goalkeepers these days seem to play Hollywood Volleyball.