Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Jota’s fee what whatever it was be it £1-4million went into last years accounts & expenditure so should be counted this summer, same with Guilbert. My rough guesstimations is we have thus far spent around £99 million without any sales... 

Targett £11.5 mill

Hause 3 mill

Engels £7-9mill

Mings £18.9 -£20mill

Konza £12 mill 

El Ghazi £5 - £7 mill

Wesley £22 mill 

So approx £84mill so far plus £15 mill for Douglas Luiz = £99 million mill spent thus far once confirmed . We have a reported max before sales of £140 mill to spend before FFP or whatever ... Caveat the above calculations do not include agents fees as have no way of knowing what these are so far but realistically we have spent over £100 million ... With poss GK another midfielder & Wing forward to go. We could bring in £20-£25 max in sales giving us around £55-65 million left to play worth at the upper level with sales included. 

We have Greene El Ghazi Jota Kodija and Ramsey to cover the wings. Kalinic Steer & Nyland to cover GK. so at a push I don’t think we need a new GK or a dedicated winger as such. I like Skov if poss though. Maupay/Leao can cover both so IMO that would be sufficient coverage if necessary.  I’d sign Bayliss as a prospect for DM as Engels & Hourihane can cover that position. Up front is a slight concern though.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good post. I agree with pretty much everything.

I am still concerned about the dm position and the lack of depth in the rw and lw positions.

Yes and me. I think we definitely need 2 DM's.

Hourihane is a much better player when allowed to play as a centre midfielder, it's where his goals and assists generally come from. With two DM's available he no longer has to worry about playing out of position.

Last night proved we need more depth on both wings. I imagine Smith knows this himself. RW needs some real quality, although Jota seemed to have a good game.

39 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I also think we ought to be shopping for another right back as back up for Fred. I would not be surprised in the least if Bruce came in for Elmo at some point. Bree is not that player. 

I think you might be right, Stevie Four Times could well come in with an “audacious” bid for Elmo and perhaps one or two others. Ashley will have promised him a few bob to get the ball rolling and we need to be in position A to exploit that. If we can get good value for some of our squad players and have replacements lined up that would be better value then I think that’s an opportunity for us. That Hogan is some player with the right manager........

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jota’s fee what whatever it was be it £1-4million went into last years accounts & expenditure so should be counted this summer, same with Guilbert. My rough guesstimations is we have thus far spent around £99 million without any sales... 

Targett £11.5 mill

Hause 3 mill

Engels £7-9mill

Mings £18.9 -£20mill

Konza £12 mill 

El Ghazi £5 - £7 mill

Wesley £22 mill 

So approx £84mill so far plus £15 mill for Douglas Luiz = £99 million mill spent thus far once confirmed . We have a reported max before sales of £140 mill to spend before FFP or whatever ... Caveat the above calculations do not include agents fees as have no way of knowing what these are so far but realistically we have spent over £100 million ... With poss GK another midfielder & Wing forward to go. We could bring in £20-£25 max in sales giving us around £55-65 million left to play worth at the upper level with sales included. 

We have Greene El Ghazi Jota Kodija and Ramsey to cover the wings. Kalinic Steer & Nyland to cover GK. so at a push I don’t think we need a new GK or a dedicated winger as such. I like Skov if poss though. Maupay/Leao can cover both so IMO that would be sufficient coverage if necessary.  I’d sign Bayliss as a prospect for DM as Engels & Hourihane can cover that position. Up front is a slight concern though.

Not how accounts work. Fees expensed over life of contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

DM x 2 - Hourihane then pushes up to the fourth CM spot.

Sell: Bjarnasson

Assuming we get Douglas then I don't see us getting another DM unless, as you say, we sell Thor, and Thor is fine as a third-choice midfield IMO.

28 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Not how accounts work. Fees expensed over life of contract.

The basic point was that we had spent £99m this window. Which is true. 

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, privateer said:

TBH, though, history tells us that Tumbleweed Thursdays are more eventful than Delphinho Wilderness Wednesdays. :lol:

The slow drawn out annihilation of spacetime as it approaches a black hole is more eventful than a Delphinho Wednesday.