Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So if we are getting another 2 or 3 as stated by Purslow recently surely that would be DM (Luiz) Winger (Trezeguet) & maybe a keeper?

Think another striker priority after DM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Think another striker priority after DM

I'd agree, an injury to Wesley and we'd struggle unless Kodija finds a new gear from somewhere...Of course we don't quite know how Wesley will settle yet either.

Looks like Hourihane & Thor will be cover for DM with Luiz starting if it all goes through ok. I reckon Marvelous N is likely the back up plan should Luiz fall through.

9 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So if we are getting another 2 or 3 as stated by Purslow recently surely that would be DM (Luiz) Winger (Trezeguet) & maybe a keeper?

AMR, MC & ST would be my guess.

Depends who another 2 or 3 are on top of are.

For instance, Luiz already done imo so the DM can be chalked off, GK also prob done and we don't yet know it, unless we are now sticking with the 3 we have perhaps?

I feel we have a few who will struggle to make an impact at Prem level unless they improve vastly & fast.

Namely Davies, Green, Bree, Hogan

They could all improve but i have little faith in any of them personally as it stands.

Ones who may pleasantly surprise us are

Hourihane, Thor, Kodija & any of the 3 keepers... I truly hope they do

5 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'd agree, an injury to Wesley and we'd struggle unless Kodija finds a new gear from somewhere...Of course we don't quite know how Wesley will settle yet either.

Looks like Hourihane & Thor will be cover for DM with Luiz starting if it all goes through ok. I reckon Marvelous N is likely the back up plan should Luiz fall through.

Thor good backup in DM to Luiz.

I'd have thought Marvelous will play more of a MC role alongside McGinn with Lansbury & Hourihane as backup.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'd have thought Marvelous will play more of a MC role alongside McGinn with Lansbury & Hourihane as backup.

Forgot about Lansbury already despite his goal last night! Yes i'd add him to the could surprise us list.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's really not. If we had to rely on Thor for DM I'd start worrying about relegation places

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I feel we have a few who will struggle to make an impact at Prem level unless they improve vastly & fast.

Namely Davies, Green, Bree, Hogan

They could all improve but i have little faith in any of them personally as it stands.

Ones who may pleasantly surprise us are

Hourihane, Thor, Kodija & any of the 3 keepers... I truly hope they do

I think Davis have the most potentiial to play in PL from all of those. Whenever he plays he does good. He has attributes which makes him useful. It's his lack of confidence and game time which is letting him down. Green is an ok player at most. Can't say Bree had a proper run as fb, remember him coming against Boro in the playoff game to do a good job the season before last.

Although I think Davis, Green and Bree need a proper loans to championship clubs. Charlton could get Davis for example. He's the most of those players that I think could useful for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's really not. If we had to rely on Thor for DM I'd start worrying about relegation places

Doing a good job of taking my posts out of context.

Who said anything about relying on him!??

BACKUP. You know, 2nd choice, understudy, cover, to that main man that will be first choice in the DM role.

No one is stating he is about to start and hold down to the position for 38 games of the season.

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

BACKUP. You know, 2nd choice, understudy, cover, to that main man that will be first choice in the DM role.

No one is stating he is about to start and hold down to the position for 38 games of the season.

Backup as in if player gets injured I wouldn't want Thor as DM backup in the PL. Not out of context at all. Thor should be nothing more than utility cover that maybe gets a few minutes sub at end of games

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

BB isn’t good enough to be second choice. 

Have him in the squad to fill in in emergencies wherever we need him. 

But he’s shite. A second choice would be a regular in the team. He wasn’t good enough for that in the championship let alone the premier league. 

• Like 2

Kodjia scored all those nine goals by himself, in what in terms of minutes amounted to about twenty games last season. He might not be the worst back-up option, to begin with whilst Wesley settles in, he might even be our best striker. Davis I like a lot as a footballer, but I'm starting to wonder if he might be better off finding a new position, seems to have everything to his game, but scoring goals, probably contrary to intuition, but I wonder if he might make a good midfielder, when he drops deep he's very good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michelsen said:

That would be me, probably. Would love him here, but looks like he’s looking a level or two above where we are right now. 

Is he good enough for what will likely be bottom 10 PL? That's a decent level, especially when he's coming from Belgium. Only from highlights he looks brilliant.

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Kodjia scored all those nine goals by himself, in what in terms of minutes amounted to about twenty games last season. He might not be the worst back-up option, to begin with whilst Wesley settles in, he might even be our best striker. Davis I like a lot as a footballer, but I'm starting to wonder if he might be better off finding a new position, seems to have everything to his game, but scoring goals, probably contrary to intuition, but I wonder if he might make a good midfielder, when he drops deep he's very good.

He's Heskey.

I think there will be a new DM, new striker and new RW.

After that it could be a case of one out, one in. Say Hogan, Kalinic, Lansbury and Bree are sold or loaned out, we'll replace them like for like. 

5 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Bloody hell, having a Norse God in midfield is a bit unfair isn't it?