Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I must admit I'm worried about the strikers.

If Wesley get a injured we are left with Davis hogan and kodjia who have a total of less than 10 goals between them last year

Well here’s a worrying stat for you: Wesley’s career best haul is only 10 goals and that’s playing with a top team in a ropey league. 

I’m a bit worried about where our goals are going to come from this season. 

• Like 1

We really need to be letting Green, O'Hare & Davis all go out on loan this season.

Championship or League One sides for all of them so they can get a full season of professional football behind them.

Being backup/fringe players for a season whilst playing U23 football benefits us in no way long term.

If we can get them all out on loan then possibly next season we will see the benefit and be able to bring them into the first team where they can push for places. This would also mean having to potentially spend less money on 3 positions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one that thinks we need a LW more than a RW. I think Jota is better than El Ghazi...

I think they are very similar in quality. Jota though will likely be a backup to Grealish so we need someone to play there if Grealish gets injured.

On top of that I think jota would be better if he came on in the last 30 minutes. His game is very similar to Grealish's but he is slower and not quite as strong. I think playing against tired defenders will allow him to shred them and create easy chances for us late in games. Which I think was a massive problem we had last year, as we struggled to score as the game progressed I.e West brom.

I also think mcginn needs a subso he can expend all his energy 8n the first 70 odd minutes and we can still have a quality player appearing everywhere for the remainder of the game. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well here’s a worrying stat for you: Wesley’s career best haul is only 10 goals and that’s playing with a top team in a ropey league. 

I’m a bit worried about where our goals are going to come from this season. 

We all are I think.

The staff will have seen him training and they’ll have a better idea of exactly what we need.

In my opinion, it would be suicide not going into the season with another striker. Maupay for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

BB isn’t good enough to be second choice. 

Have him in the squad to fill in in emergencies wherever we need him. 

But he’s shite. A second choice would be a regular in the team. He wasn’t good enough for that in the championship let alone the premier league. 

So will it be a case we are signing 2 DMs on that basis then? Or 1 Natural DM and the other player versatile and able to play both the DM/MC role?

Another striker, AMR and possibly a GK too.

Interesting.  :D

Edited by AvfcRigo82

DM - Nakamba

DM - Douglas Luiz

LW - Trezeguet

ST - Maupay

Then if we can bring in some funds for Kalinic and Hogan maybe we can finally make that move for Butland as well. It's also a shame that we don't have another stadium that we can sell to scrape together enough money to sign Benrahma.

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think they are very similar in quality. Jota though will likely be a backup to Grealish so we need someone to play there if Grealish gets injured.

On top of that I think jota would be better if he came on in the last 30 minutes. His game is very similar to Grealish's but he is slower and not quite as strong. I think playing against tired defenders will allow him to shred them and create easy chances for us late in games. Which I think was a massive problem we had last year, as we struggled to score as the game progressed I.e West brom.

I also think mcginn needs a subso he can expend all his energy 8n the first 70 odd minutes and we can still have a quality player appearing everywhere for the remainder of the game. 

Early days but I think Jota could feature large this season judging his 45 minutes of quality. We defo need a wide right/striker, but I think if we have Luiz, dare I say it, McGinn May come under pressure from Jota as a football playing midfield with forwards running off them.

However all points to a decent squad, we will need to spread it around and we can have one game plan all season, lots of levels in the PL

Edited by thunderball

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Brentford lining up a new bargain bin striker - nearly done, likely as a replacement for Maupay....

Seems very likely that Maupay is off now and it looks like Brighton or Villa being favourites.

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Did you watch jota?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think he’ll do well in the prem? 

Hope so,will be a big challenge for him being 5’7” but he has a heart of a lion.Surprised Dean hasn’t signed him yet as he knows all about him and his undoubtably talent for scoring goals 

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Just not convinced we are in for him. With the DS links and previous business i.e. Konsa, we would have sorted it out earlier had Smith been keen.

I’m not so sure. Konsa had a clause triggered so Brentford had no choice in the matter.

We’ll likely have 2/3 strikers lined up and we’re playing a waiting game on who’ll crack first with regards to the fee. 

We’re probably doing something similar with Benrahma et al.