Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The slow drawn out annihilation of spacetime as it approaches a black hole is more eventful than a Delphinho Wednesday.

Whilst we are on the subject, I think we have seen illustrated a new concept in theoretical physics that is the same - and by it's nature totally different, as it has to be - as Schrodinger's Cat.

We have Delphinho's Squib, which is a firecracker transfer that is simultaneously happening imminently but also a trombone waw-waw-waw about the same player we haven't even enquired about.

Just joshing @Delphinho123 :lol:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Enda said:

Assuming we get Douglas then I don't see us getting another DM unless, as you say, we sell Thor, and Thor is fine as a third-choice midfield IMO.

I think Hourihane was found out at DM a few times, he's much better further forward.

Bjarnasson is garbage, he couldn't cut it in the Championship, at DM in the PL he would be horribly exposed.

Nakamba would be my 2nd DM if possible. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't understand why people are obsessing about how much we spending this summer. It's completely irrelevant. The club will spend what it needs to spend to get adequate squad strength and depth before the window closes. We have got sufficient resources to do this without jepodising our financial stability.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride! 

Wholeheartedly agree ... as I said previously it doesn’t matter what we spend on who necessarily it’s what we get overall that matters .. Was bored on lunch and wanted to highlight we could poss afford Leao if we are even in for him and wanted to ... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

The basic point was that we had spent £99m this window. Which is true. 

The assumption of the post I replied to appeared to be that the fees spent on Jota and Guilbert would not appear in this season's accounts and that all subsequent spending this window would. This is not the case. When discussing the FFP impact of this summer's spending, this seemed like a point worth making.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't understand why people are obsessing about how much we spending this summer. It's completely irrelevant. The club will spend what it needs to spend to get adequate squad strength and depth before the window closes. We have got sufficient resources to do this without jepodising our financial stability.

We had a wealthy owner in Lerner - I would like to think as well as  financial clout we have smart people and good scouting in place - I would like us to unearth a 20 goal striker for 350k ...for example...!

50 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We're Aston Villa, we spend what we want! :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hippo said:

We had a wealthy owner in Lerner - I would like to think as well as  financial clout we have smart people and good scouting in place - I would like us to unearth a 20 goal striker for 350k ...for example...!

Found one for about £30k ;) Ok it was in non league and no real use to us but he scored 26 odd last year and just moved to L1 Shrewsbury After coming through the crewe youth setup and being loaned out to a bunch of non-league teams for the past 3 years or so. Seen quite a bit of him & honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him hit double figures this year and end up in the championship or higher within 2 years

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No offence taken. You'll all come crawling back when next Wednesday happens. I'm hearing a few exciting things. 

You’re really getting the hang of this click bait thing. Next Wednesday will almost certainly happen, unless Nostradamus got his dates wrong. What happens within that much fabled weekly occurring 24 hour period is the $64k question. 

However I've spotted a serious flaw in your strategy, there are only 3 more  Wednesdays before the biannual violent  closure of the encased glass hardware in question.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

And if I was as wealthy as our owners I'd fcuking spend it as well lol 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Sorry to be a bore, but there is a point where it does matter: our owners can bank roll the cashflow, this isn't the issue, but when it comes to profit and loss on the accounts we have a threshold set by the Premier League that we can't exceed. This has nothing to do with cash flow or affordability.

I don't know the figures exactly but I think we are allowed to make a £60m loss in one year, and this is smaller again in the second consecutive year. Now its not an issue to the owners as they have deep pockets, but our our accounts cannot exceed this or fall foul of the PL and receive action, and currently this crudely sets our transfer kitty somewhere between a net £130m-ish and £170m depending on the accounting considering the windfall after  the sale of Villa Park. So in all honestly we won't spend more than the upper figure.

As a reality check at this level it is still the biggest likely spend of any PL team to date in one window ever. Gulp....

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Found one for about £30k ;) Ok it was in non league and no real use to us but he scored 26 odd last year and just moved to L1 Shrewsbury After coming through the crewe youth setup and being loaned out to a bunch of non-league teams for the past 3 years or so. Seen quite a bit of him & honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him hit double figures this year and end up in the championship or higher within 2 years

Came through the Crewe system you say....umm..must be pants if Villan4life isn't recommending him. 

• Haha 1