Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Strange that we have had no exciting forwards rumours. We have smashed defence - full marks. But our offensive side looks very short of PL depth and quality. Not even any links other than Trezeguet and he is likely a rotational player rather than nailed on.

Our position of weakness last season was Wide right midfield/forward. No one mentioned yet. It’s a gaping hole?

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Strange that we have had no exciting forwards rumours. We have smashed defence - full marks. But our offensive side looks very short of PL depth and quality. Not even any links other than Trezeguet and he is likely a rotational player rather than nailed on.

Our position of weakness last season was Wide right midfield/forward. No one mentioned yet. It’s a gaping hole?

We've taken care of most of the essential areas if/when Douglas signs. Jota is massive upgrade on Adomah/Green.  Do you doubt us to do the necessary business before window shuts? It's been outstanding so far

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Well, there's been Maupay, Leao, Benrahma etc but I reckon we're still looking at forwards and one may materialise that nobody sees coming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He scored the winner if that helps 😁

Yes I remember his goal, although I didn't know about him at all before the summer. I thought he was one of those average striker and thats it (although it was a great goal from him). The one who I noticed was Benrahma.

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

It doesn't make difference as most of these rumours doesn't have anything in it.

Jota came through sha fan I guess after it was done.

Mings, Hause and El Ghazi were all planned and everyone knew about.

Wesley came out of nowhere while it was done. Same goes with Engels and potentially Douglas.

It's only Targett that the press got the interest right from the beginning.

• Like 1

After Douglas I still feel we need the following as a minimum.

2x Wingers

1x Striker

1x GK

If one of those wingers could also play up top, someone like a Bowen, then I’d sacrifice buying another and purchase further depth in central midfield. 

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not only is it Wednesday, it’s also our daughter’s 5th Birthday, so a signing for every year please 😎  

You never told me that we have a daughter, Dave. I'm not paying you a penny without taking a paternity test first though. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

After Douglas I still feel we need the following as a minimum.

2x Wingers

1x Striker

1x GK

If one of those wingers could also play up top, someone like a Bowen, then I’d sacrifice buying another and purchase further depth in central midfield. 

Reach, Bowen, Butland and Woods (not Tiger). Job done and change back from £60m.

Just as likely to be 4 completely different talented players though and one more or one less than 4. What a window this has been already. As Mr Burns would say, "Excellent" 😃

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Apologies if anyone else has already posted this but, according to the Brum mail, the Villa will be unveiling the new away kit at 3:30pm our time tomorrow at a bar in Minneapolis with a "special guest" due to be present. Possible unveiling of our new DM perhaps? Surely not on a Wednesday? 

Special Guest would not be a player more likely Tom Hanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Well, there's been Maupay, Leao, Benrahma etc but I reckon we're still looking at forwards and one may materialise that nobody sees coming.

I mean proper smoke (eg French press all over Engels; Dutch press all over Nakamba; lots of smoke around Philips/Butland/Heaton) not idle speculation. 

I have read one single link to Laeo (“unamed PL team, is it Big spending Villa”); Maupay/Benrahma is an obvious link due to DS, but no negotiations or suggestions of offer. It makes you wonder if they are trying to land the Plan A target which is left-field, and the Maupays/Benrahmas are Plan B?

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm starting to fear we'll be left with Steer and Kalinic. Where are all the keepers Dean?

We wouldn't be in the PL maybe missed the playoffs without Steer. He deserves way more credit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We wouldn't be in the PL maybe missed the playoffs without Steer. He deserves way more credit

Yeah I kinda agree now the dust has settled a  little from the initial excitement of maybe signing a Butland .... Also after recovering from injury and having 6 months to settle in England maybe kalinic will come good, you never know ( do expect us to still sign a GK though) .... more worried about other positions at present.