Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When are we back from the States?  I reckon the club will save announcements until then so they can do the whole BMH shabang.

Bizarrely I think we’ll announce Engels and Douglas alongside tomorrow’s away kit release, pre Minnesota friendly.

I think we will miss Tammy's hold up play, his goals, his penalties and his defending at corners.

I take Jack to score our penalties, but I would like us to sign another striker to increase our options. I'm not looking for us to spend silly money, £15m should do the trick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pretty much this.  I'm basically hoping for a quicker, more agile Benteke. 

The Benteke I remember ran through both Liverpool and Chelsea defences, jumped almost the height of the crossbar and even did a overhead kick, more quick and agile than that would be amazing imo. Agree with you and the previous poster that I don't expect Wesley to score 20+ goals, hopefully he suits our style of play and is better in the hold up play and bringing others into play than Benteke. That was one of Bentekes weaknessess imo, strong as an ox and won the ball, but then didn't find the right pass often enough. Abraham wasn't top notch either in his hold up play despite his length. Hopefully Wesley will be a proper target man who brings others into play, and also has ability of his own to score a couple. If he gets 10+ and contributes to Jack and McGinn and the wide players to get a handful of goals each I would be more than happy. Better that than scoring 20+ himself and other not.

• Like 3

I'd take Benteke back, it's only really at Palace where he's failed, and whilst I think that Hodgson is a good and underrated manager, attacking wise under him Palace are really poor and it's hard to imagine any striker thriving for them so little is the amount of chances that they create. As it stands I think we need more of proven goal threat in the final third.

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The Benteke I remember ran through both Liverpool and Chelsea defences, jumped almost the height of the crossbar and even did a overhead kick, more quick and agile than that would be amazing imo. Agree with you and the previous poster that I don't expect Wesley to score 20+ goals, hopefully he suits our style of play and is better in the hold up play and bringing others into play than Benteke. That was one of Bentekes weaknessess imo, strong as an ox and won the ball, but then didn't find the right pass often enough. Abraham wasn't top notch either in his hold up play despite his length. Hopefully Wesley will be a proper target man who brings others into play, and also has ability of his own to score a couple. If he gets 10+ and contributes to Jack and McGinn and the wide players to get a handful of goals each I would be more than happy. Better that than scoring 20+ himself and other not.

He sounds more like Keinan plus a few goals!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Luiz, Engels and ???

...Nakamba. 

Fella on Twitter claims a pal inside the club claims they are working very hard to get him on board alongside the unveiling of Engels and Luiz tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd prefer someone like Rafael Leão, but if it was a choice between Benteke for an agreeable salary and transfer price or nothing, then I'd choose Benteke.

What kind of a statement is that?  hahaha

I'd still prefer to date someone like Emma Stone, but if it was a choice between the girl next door and nothing, then I'd choose the girl next door...

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd take Benteke back, it's only really at Palace where he's failed, and whilst I think that Hodgson is a good and underrated manager, attacking wise under him Palace are really poor and it's hard to imagine any striker thriving for them so little is the amount of chances that they create. As it stands I think we need more of proven goal threat in the final third.

He has also struggled with injuries, if he is fit I'd take him back any day.

1 hour ago, ShaldonAVFC said:

Was there such a thing as the f side hooligans I seem to remember 

I think that's Ajax' side, they were friends with Anderlechts O-side.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John said:

I think we will miss Tammy's hold up play, his goals, his penalties and his defending at corners.

I take Jack to score our penalties, but I would like us to sign another striker to increase our options. I'm not looking for us to spend silly money, £15m should do the trick.  

What makes you think Wesley can't offer this and more?

Just no to benteke ... he is now a washed up has been destined for China if he is lucky ... his wages would be obscene to what he can now offer and destroyed his career since leaving us ... it’s weird as reportedly Klopp wanted him at Dortmund but hey ho . thanks for memories but  just no move on ! 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Just no to benteke ... he is now a washed up has been destined for China if he is lucky ... his wages would be obscene to what he can now offer and destroyed his career since leaving us ... it’s weird as reportedly Klopp wanted him at Dortmund but hey ho . thanks for memories but  just no move on ! 

Honestly can’t imagine he has lost the ability, just the frame of mind and environment to thrive. Would easily do some damage again for the right club.

Benteke has scored 38 leagues goals since leaving us SIX seasons ago and 4 goals in two seasons ... He is a has been and I dont know why his his name is even being discussed ... just no he is shit now ! 

Edited by thabucks

59 minutes ago, John said:

I agree we need another striker, I’m not sure £15m gets you much these days though. Probably need to spend a touch more?

• Like 1