Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Douglas Luiz looking suspect now, he's disappeared back to Brazil to consider his future.

He doesn't live in Brazil. Apparently he has flown to the UK to meet the club's liason officer to sort accommodation out. He can't play for Villa until the permit is sorted so it makes sense for him to start getting settled. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Judging by some recent posts on here, there's gonna be one or two disappointed to know that Small Heathens have agreed a fee of 750k with Willem II for Daniel Crowley. 

I wouldn’t have expected him to make a big impact in the PL, but that actually strikes me as very sensible business for them if they’re trying to improve the style of football.

yes, a forward is still needed I think, whether that's a striker or another general attacker role, we need more depth there, but I am confident that will be attended to in good time. Getting the base established is most important. 

29 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I wouldn’t have expected him to make a big impact in the PL, but that actually strikes me as very sensible business for them if they’re trying to improve the style of football.

Wow, they have got a hell of a long way to go to start to do that! :D

Crowley will now find how the other half of the city exist on scraps and anti-football. Let's hope for his sake that another team match their bid and give him an alternative.    

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

He doesn't live in Brazil. Apparently he has flown to the UK to meet the club's liason officer to sort accommodation out. He can't play for Villa until the permit is sorted so it makes sense for him to start getting settled. 

Not according to Birmingham Live who suggest he has gone "home" from the US to mull over his options, not which house he is going to rent? Man City are clearly on board, his work permit was apparently through yesterday but it sounds far from a done deal with the player. I wouldnt get too excited yet...

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 12.45.21.png

Just now, John said:

With a year left on his contract and with age an issue, that sort of price might see us look again at Butland. 

Or just stick with what we have, two international keepers and a playoff semi-final penalty shootout hero :)

I'm okay with that, if in 6-12 months time they're each deemed not good enough then sure, invest big in a new keeper but I'd say it's surely been the least of our concerns this summer?

2 minutes ago, John said:

With a year left on his contract and with age an issue, that sort of price might see us look again at Butland. 

Even if they asked for £10m for Heaton, I'd rather we went with a, say, £25m Butland.  Not only is Butland a better goalkeeper (IMO) but time is on his side so we'd either get long service or some money back down the line.  Heaton provides neither (despite still being a decent goalkeeper).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

A winger next after Douglas. Then I'll be happy. We can strengthen again at Christmas. 

I think we would be better to do just a little bit more in this window, rather than to wait until half way through the season to fill gaps that we are aware of now.  

• Like 1