Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I wonder if Maupay could play as wide forward, if so I would be for signing him. Could be back up as main striker as well. A problem with the 4-3-3 imo is if you play regular wingers as the wide forwards, it puts too much preassure on the main striker to score the goals. I'm more for having a striker type of player as the wide forward. If Maupay would be happy to play that role it would be great.

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder if Maupay could play as wide forward, if so I would be for signing him. Could be back up as main striker as well. A problem with the 4-3-3 imo is if you play regular wingers as the wide forwards, it puts too much preassure on the main striker to score the goals. I'm more for having a striker type of player as the wide forward. If Maupay would be happy to play that role it would be great.

For me , I would prefer an natural wide player, feel like we screwed kodjia around a lot by asking him to play out of position and don't feel like bringing in another natural striker and asking him to do same thing is the right move

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Leao can 😊

So can Maupay according to transfermarkt 

Edited by thabucks

Is there anyone else who thinks this Marvelous Nakamba link is a red herring/non-starter? 

Seen so much about it on twitter with people expecting him to join, it just feels like him and his agent getting his name out there at this stage, especially after we’ve signed Douglas

edit- changed Luiz for ‘Douglas’ to please @dont_do_it_doug.

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is known as Douglas, not Luiz. 

Can we please have two (TWO!) Brazilians with first names for last names without some of you trying to spoil it? Thanks. 

Doug and Wesley....

We don't half pick our Brazilian names....

Couldn't sound more 1950s British if we tried.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Doug and Wesley....

We don't half pick our Brazilian names....

Couldn't sound more 1950s British if we tried.....

Deadly Doug will be looking down from the heavens and seeing all these Villa fans with Doug on their shirts and smiling to himself convinced they’re for him. He’ll probably be putting in a claim with St. Peter for commission on shirt sales. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Deadly Doug will be looking down from the heavens and seeing all these Villa fans with Doug on their shirts and smiling to himself convinced they’re for him. He’ll probably be putting in a claim with St. Peter for commission on shirt sales. 

Or claim that he invented name printing on shirts..    Like he invented the bicycle kick.  😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Is there anyone else who thinks this Marvelous Nakamba link is a red herring/non-starter? 

Seen so much about it on twitter with people expecting him to join, it just feels like him and his agent getting his name out there at this stage, especially after we’ve signed Douglas

Aye probably. Smith mentioned that we have been linked with a few players we have absolutely no interest in, he feels a likely candidate considering we have signed most of the rest of them!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Keita Baldé at Monaco could be that player who can play up front or on the wing that we go for. He's also someone we might be able to get on loan with an option to buy.

How has he done? I remember us linked with him when we got Traore. But don’t know how far he went in the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Maupay is an out and out goalscorer not a winger.

He's the type we need one that will just be getting in the box and a constant goal threat.

Is he like Jermaine Defoe? To be honest I’ve only seem youtube clips for him, didn’t noticed him when we played Brentford away. Didn’t have the chance to watch the home match.

• Like 1

Apologies if anyone else has already posted this but, according to the Brum mail, the Villa will be unveiling the new away kit at 3:30pm our time tomorrow at a bar in Minneapolis with a "special guest" due to be present. Possible unveiling of our new DM perhaps? Surely not on a Wednesday? 

30 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Is he like Jermaine Defoe? To be honest I’ve only seem youtube clips for him, didn’t noticed him when we played Brentford away. Didn’t have the chance to watch the home match.

He scored the winner if that helps 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I don't think we were ever in for him