Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree we need another striker, I’m not sure £15m gets you much these days though. Probably need to spend a touch more?

I think that we might get Bowen for that, perhaps Maupay for a little more than a touch more.

Given how we're doing our business now though, it's just as likely to be someone we haven't mentioned or been linked with, who will potentially do an outstanding job for us.

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The Benteke I remember ran through both Liverpool and Chelsea defences, jumped almost the height of the crossbar and even did a overhead kick, more quick and agile than that would be amazing imo. Agree with you and the previous poster that I don't expect Wesley to score 20+ goals, hopefully he suits our style of play and is better in the hold up play and bringing others into play than Benteke. That was one of Bentekes weaknessess imo, strong as an ox and won the ball, but then didn't find the right pass often enough. Abraham wasn't top notch either in his hold up play despite his length. Hopefully Wesley will be a proper target man who brings others into play, and also has ability of his own to score a couple. If he gets 10+ and contributes to Jack and McGinn and the wide players to get a handful of goals each I would be more than happy. Better that than scoring 20+ himself and other not.

carry on teacher GIF

Edit: was beaten to it. Should've scrolled

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, John said:

I think that we might get Bowen for that, perhaps Maupay for a little more than a touch more.

Given how we're doing our business now though, it's just as likely to be someone we haven't mentioned or been linked with, who will potentially do an outstanding job for us.

Yep, I agree. When we were linked with Konsa I sort of dismissed it as ‘another lazy Brentford link’ but that played out to be true. Who knows... I think we need another striker, for me at the moment Wesley starts with Kodjia as back up, could would prefer a third option.

• Like 1

Keita Baldé at Monaco could be that player who can play up front or on the wing that we go for. He's also someone we might be able to get on loan with an option to buy.