Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm starting to fear we'll be left with Steer and Kalinic. Where are all the keepers Dean?

I wouldn’t mind if we were. But with the way the club had done business so far I think if Smith wants a new keeper before the season starts. He will get a new keeper. 

20 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I know it's not transfer related as such, but do we think we can arrange to all sign and send a card to Darren Bent, telling him to just **** off? 

I'd love that, he is a muppet!

31 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I know it's not transfer related as such, but do we think we can arrange to all sign and send a card to Darren Bent, telling him to just **** off? 

and one to Cascarino

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not only is it Wednesday, it’s also our daughter’s 5th Birthday, so a signing for every year please 😎  

Hope your daughter has a grand day, but this reminded me of something. Isn't it our first preseason match today?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

After Douglas I still feel we need the following as a minimum.

2x Wingers

1x Striker

1x GK

If one of those wingers could also play up top, someone like a Bowen, then I’d sacrifice buying another and purchase further depth in central midfield. 

Definately two wingers and a striker. I'd argue we need two CM's/DMC's more than we need a keeper tbh. Steer is a decent keeper by the looks of it and I think even Nyland is a lot better than people have gotten the impression of. Kalinic I have no clue. Anyway, I think adding quality to cover for Grealish, McGinn and Luiz (if he signs) will be more important. The alternative is Bananason, Lansbury, Tshibola, Hourihane and Ramsey. Bananason is just awful. Lansbury is kinda meh. Tshibola.. well lol. Ramsey is probably not there yet. Hourihane is the only real alternative to all three players and that's a huge problem in my eyes. Much more so than having Steer and Nyland in the PL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

You never told me that we have a daughter, Dave. I'm not paying you a penny without taking a paternity test first though. 

How could you forget that night? I feel used. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gah, at £22m Lookman is just that *little* bit too much of a gamble. Shame. 

Just a tad over yes, but then was it really? considering the way the market inflation has increased. But hey. One that got away I guess.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

with RB in the market for him we wouldn't have stood a chance, he's wanted that move for years

True and fair play to the lad, hope it works out for him and he goes on to have a good career over there.

• Like 1

FC Cologne are about to buy Skhiri from Montpellier.

Why is this relevant?

Skhiri is a DM/CM and Cologne were the other known team in for Nakamba.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Fekir...... would be quite tricky with our Irish fans.

We've had a team full of them for years.

• Haha 2