Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not according to Birmingham Live who suggest he has gone "home" from the US to mull over his options, not which house he is going to rent? Man City are clearly on board, his work permit was apparently through yesterday but it sounds far from a done deal with the player. I wouldnt get too excited yet...

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 12.45.21.png

The Birmingham Mail are saying it? Must be fact then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or just stick with what we have, two international keepers and a playoff semi-final penalty shootout hero :)

I'm okay with that, if in 6-12 months time they're each deemed not good enough then sure, invest big in a new keeper but I'd say it's surely been the least of our concerns this summer?

I think that the club have decided that we need another keeper following our promotion (which Steer did a lot to make happen). 

Wasn’t Etheridge quoted about £10m? If the options are Butland for £20m+, Heaton for £12m or Etheridge for £10m, I’d go for the last option.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think our interest in Butland ever ended to be honest.

Time to firm it up then and make a bid near to what they are asking?

Edited by John

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Wasn’t Etheridge quoted about £10m? If the options are Butland for £20m+, Heaton for £12m or Etheridge for £10m, I’d go for the last option.

I think £10m for etheridge was declined

Edited by hippo
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

We're just trying to grind Stoke down. The press have been reporting that they're bracing themselves for a bid for weeks now.

You can only brace for so long before your anus empties onto your office carpet

1Nzk8f8.gif?noredirect

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The Birmingham Mail are saying it? Must be fact then. 

On this occasion the Brum Mail are right, he’s gone home to B6 to start his love affair with the greatest team on the planet. 

Keeper is one position where you don't really need to bed them into a structure. So we could really leave this right up to the official slamming of the window to get it done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Not according to Birmingham Live who suggest he has gone "home" from the US to mull over his options, not which house he is going to rent? Man City are clearly on board, his work permit was apparently through yesterday but it sounds far from a done deal with the player. I wouldnt get too excited yet...

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 12.45.21.png

The Birmingham mail hardly has inside knowledge, so I wouldn't get to depressed just yet!

33 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Keeper is one position where you don't really need to bed them into a structure. So we could really leave this right up to the official slamming of the window to get it done. 

Unfortunately, keeper is also the one position where getting your fingers shut in the window could cause a real injury problem. This is why I always advise my friends to climb in backwards to make sure their testicles are the last body part to come through the window. It's safer that way

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Their best ever sponsor was Triton, what a shower they are. 

Anyone remember the game at The Sty when they wheeled around Triton showers with bikini clad models in them before the game?

What could possibly go wrong? They found out when they reached The Railway End and Villa fans gave them an impromptu shower 🚿. Poor girls...

• Haha 1