Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Unfortunately, keeper is also the one position where getting your fingers shut in the window could cause a real injury problem. This is why I always advise my friends to climb in backwards to make sure their testicles are the last body part to come through the window. It's safer that way

I was skeptical of the advice at the time, but I can now fully endorse this method. 

My testicles are in tip-top shape, and have never been rounder.

Thanks @Rob182

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Not according to Birmingham Live who suggest he has gone "home" from the US to mull over his options, not which house he is going to rent? Man City are clearly on board, his work permit was apparently through yesterday but it sounds far from a done deal with the player. I wouldnt get too excited yet...

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 12.45.21.png

Surely he can't get the work permit approved if he hasn't decided where he's going to work yet?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jota is massive upgrade on Adomah/ Green. 

Very pleased with transfer activity to date but I have to disagree with this. In the Championship Jota might have been a slight upgrade, but in the PL his known lack of workrate could be a problem  - we are not going to be dominating the ball and so an effective shield in front of an inexperienced full back (if Guibert starts) will be crucial

It’s a moot point as Once transfer activity has been completed I’d be very surprised if Jota will have a regular first team role - I think he was bought as cover for Grealish 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

In Richard O'Kelly's recent interview, he said Jota's running stats were right up there.

Jota is fine running forward but not so much tracking back - Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to have him I just don’t see him as a starter, and don’t see him as a “massive improvement” especially in the PL where we will not be dominating teams

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Jota is fine running forward but not so much tracking back - Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to have him I just don’t see him as a starter, and don’t see him as a “massive improvement” especially in the PL where we will not be dominating teams

Whether he's a slight/ massive improvement is all subjective, but I feel the need to point out that the Adomah of last season was not the peak Adomah that we loved.

We've swapped an aging workhorse winger, who appeared to lose a lot of his pace and some of his trickery last season, and may lose even more going into the 19/20 season, for a younger, more skillful player who our coaches believe is Premier League quality. I can see why some might think Jota is a massive improvement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Isnt it at 330pm us time? So like 830pm uk time?

The kit was due to be released at 3.30pm UK time. It moved back to 4.00pm UK time instead and was released on time.

The rumours were Luiz would be announced with the away kit but it doesn't seem to have materialized.

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

All of Villatalk is subjective surely?

Well, mostly, yes. But this isn't like arguing about whether Tim Sherwood was a good manager or a bad manager. We're talking about whether a player was a 'slight' improvement, a 'massive' improvement or somewhere in between. I can't imagine anyone thinks that Jota is a downgrade on an aging Adomah.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Well, mostly, yes. But this isn't like arguing about whether Tim Sherwood was a good manager or a bad manager. We're talking about whether a player was a 'slight' improvement, a 'massive' improvement or somewhere in between. I can't imagine anyone thinks that Jota is a downgrade on an aging Adomah.

Albert probably does

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John said:

I think we would be better to do just a little bit more in this window, rather than to wait until half way through the season to fill gaps that we are aware of now.  

This all day long. Plus if you get a keeper in now he will have bonded with the defence well before January arrives rather than buying someone else for the run in particularly if relegation is going to be an issue.

• Like 1