Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, Linkert said:

About Nakamba, I don't know if you are aware about the match fixing proces against KV Mechelen and Waasland-Beveren in Belgium? A lot of people were arrested and/or interrogated. One of them was our coach from the last 2 seasons. Word has come out that he made the Club buy players for which he received a percentage. And he had to let them play too so he'd receive a profit from it. Coach denies it, and so far there's no proof of this at all. One of those players is Mats Rits who joined Bruges from KV Mechelen. He played on Nakamba's position. But nothing points in the direction that the coach did this to gain money. Nakamba had his chance right after his injury but didn't take it. He started 12 games last season and played as a sub too. Rits however, did very well too, the motor in the defensive midfield. I don't believe the accusations, but I can imagine this plays in the players head too (Nakamba). And if he has a 'manager' or how do you call it, who uses this argument to make the player crazy, you never know...

See, that would not surprise me one bit! 

I was a school-friend of an ex pro here in Birmingham and I also worked with his Dad. His Dad told me an interesting story about how his son's manager at the time would refuse players to hand in transfer requests. Instead, he would put them up for sale and make them give him half of the signing-on fee. By the way, the manager in question still manages and has managed in the Premier League too. 

I suppose Nakamba could have his head messed with if his manager was/is dodgy?

16 minutes ago, Linkert said:

About Nakamba, I don't know if you are aware about the match fixing proces against KV Mechelen and Waasland-Beveren in Belgium? A lot of people were arrested and/or interrogated. One of them was our coach from the last 2 seasons. Word has come out that he made the Club buy players for which he received a percentage. And he had to let them play too so he'd receive a profit from it. Coach denies it, and so far there's no proof of this at all. One of those players is Mats Rits who joined Bruges from KV Mechelen. He played on Nakamba's position. But nothing points in the direction that the coach did this to gain money. Nakamba had his chance right after his injury but didn't take it. He started 12 games last season and played as a sub too. Rits however, did very well too, the motor in the defensive midfield. I don't believe the accusations, but I can imagine this plays in the players head too (Nakamba). And if he has a 'manager' or how do you call it, who uses this argument to make the player crazy, you never know...

In which case I'm not going to judge him for wanting out. It sounds like there could be a toxic atmosphere brewing, at least from his perspective. 

Unless I know a situation well, I find it wise not to cast aspersions on somebody's character for desperately wanting out of a situation, and even wanting to be fairly compensated for it. If Aston Villa sign him, knowing as we do the value they place on character, he will get the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1

Would we still be looking to sign Nakamba if we sign Douglas Luiz? Probably not. Luiz and Engels in would leave us needing what? GK?, RM and a Striker? Personally, I don't think we are in for another striker. I think it will be just a right-sided attacker. Probably Trezeguet. 

Linkert's post about Villa wanting Bruges to take a loanee made me wonder if we tried to farm Kalinic out to free-up a keeper spot? 

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Would we still be looking to sign Nakamba if we sign Douglas Luiz? Probably not. Luiz and Engels in would leave us needing what? GK?, RM and a Striker? Personally, I don't think we are in for another striker. I think it will be just a right-sided attacker. Probably Trezeguet. 

Linkert's post about Villa wanting Bruges to take a loanee made me wonder if we tried to farm Kalinic out to free-up a keeper spot? 

I think there is room for both Nakamba and Luiz.  Luiz looks good enough to fill Grealish's place should he get injured, which then leaves us short at DM.  Sounds like we could get both for the price of a Phillips, so the budget must be there.

Then I suspect after Trezeguet we will sign a second striker and a keeper, then we're done.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Would we still be looking to sign Nakamba if we sign Douglas Luiz?

If not the Marvelous one then someone I'd hope. No point heading into the season with 1 DMC (If that's where Luiz is ear-marked for of course). We need to replace Whelan and Jedinak imo. Tshibola is surely done here. Hourihane and Lansbury are much better pushed on a bit imo. BB? not for me. Too early for Clark/JDH etc.

(I just want it to happen because of the name really)

sin-1.jpg&f=1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Having just read Deano's interview on the official site, I doubt we will be looking to buy as many players as some are expecting. He actually says that we are being linked with everyone and it's not the case. He said we haven't even looked at some of the players mentioned and that we have a bit more business to do. 

With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me now if we only sign a couple more players, which would probably be a defensive midfielder and a right-sided attacker. At a push, maybe another goalkeeper as we know that they've had bids rejected for at least two.  

I felt like he was pretty open about needing 'more', but nondescript regarding numbers. I don't think most transfer rumours being bollocks is necessarily news. 

• Like 1

Talksport are about to talk about Villa's spending after the current ad break, if anyone's interested.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, Talksport is shite blah blah blah. I'm just letting people know)

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Talksport are about to talk about Villa's spending after the current ad break, if anyone's interested.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, Talksport is shite blah blah blah. I'm just letting people know)

Can't listen cuz I'm at work.  Do they do a catch up service to listen later?

35 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I suppose Nakamba could have his head messed with if his manager was/is dodgy?

I guess so. But seeing how much chances Nakamba got from Leko prior to Rits, I don't really believe the accusations.

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think there is room for both Nakamba and Luiz.  Luiz looks good enough to fill Grealish's place should he get injured, which then leaves us short at DM.  Sounds like we could get both for the price of a Phillips, so the budget must be there.

I also think Luiz looks like he could easily slot in to replace Grealish or SJM when needed so Nakamba allows for this to happen. 

35 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In which case I'm not going to judge him for wanting out. It sounds like there could be a toxic atmosphere brewing, at least from his perspective. 

Unless I know a situation well, I find it wise not to cast aspersions on somebody's character for desperately wanting out of a situation, and even wanting to be fairly compensated for it. If Aston Villa sign him, knowing as we do the value they place on character, he will get the benefit of the doubt. 

Yes me too, if his managers makes his head crazy, I don't blame him. But I guess he should know better. But if he signs for Villa, that's a new beginning for this man, and if he focuses like he did in his first season in Bruges, it will be a great signing.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dammit. Will miss this. 

Would be interesting though as I've actually been surprised at how positive some journalists are being about how we're doing our business.

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Can't listen cuz I'm at work.  Do they do a catch up service to listen later?

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Dammit. Will miss this. 

Would be interesting though as I've actually been surprised at how positive some journalists are being about how we're doing our business.

They sometimes do little snippets you can re-listen to. It turned out it was Alan Brazil and Ian Holloway chatting to Dan Bardell from the Villa View, so I'm guessing the Villa View will tweet the clip at some point when they get it. It was a decent 5 minutes. Nothing new said, but Dan at least reiterated that we're not doing a Fulham.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Linkert said:

Yes me too, if his managers makes his head crazy, I don't blame him. But I guess he should know better. But if he signs for Villa, that's a new beginning for this man, and if he focuses like he did in his first season in Bruges, it will be a great signing.

We sometimes forget these are human beings. We have no idea what he has been through or is going through. 

I imagine I'm the opposite side to most on this - I'm a 'player power' guy. You can't own a human being. They have contracts and those should be honoured as long as everyone is fulfilling their obligation. But ultimately if relationships have disinterested or the player is presented with an opportunity to progress and they want to move on, the club should go out of their way to facilitate a move at fair market value. For everyone's sake.

Again, no idea what is going on here, but if Aston Villa sign him I have to assume they have done their homework. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1