Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I agree with their assessment, we don’t yet have enough goals in the side to be confident of staying up yet. 

A second forward is critical to our chances this season. 

I think they might have underestimated us a bit, they could only g on the business done so far, and we're probably half way through ours, or a little bit further on. I think we'll surprise a few next season.

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Fecking managerial incompetence only fielding one substitute.  No wonder they would lose. 

kinda hoping it goes Nyland, Richards, Bree, Tshibola, Bjarnason, RHM, Hogan. I just don't want to jump the gun ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think they might have underestimated us a bit, they could only g on the business done so far, and we're probably half way through ours, or a little bit further on. I think we'll surprise a few next season.

I also don't think we need  a 20+ goal striker like other sides might.

We have goals from midfield which can alleviate the pressure on the strikers, hopefully we can replicate it in the PL of course.

• Like 1

20+ goal striker would be nice! It's the other end I think they were a bit too dismissive, whilst it's fair to call Smith attack minded he totally sorted out the defense and we always looked very solid under Smith once he'd got a couple of defenders in. I don't think we'll be pushovers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We have goals from midfield which can alleviate the pressure on the strikers, hopefully we can replicate it in the PL of course.

Plus if we sign players like Luiz and Trezeguet then Wesley will probably be getting way better service than he ever got before. Wesley may have only got 10 league goals last season, but as we know all too well a striker is only as good as the creative players around him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

20+ goal striker would be nice! It's the other end I think they were a bit too dismissive, whilst it's fair to call Smith attack minded he totally sorted out the defense and we always looked very solid under Smith once he'd got a couple of defenders in. I don't think we'll be pushovers.

We can't go expecting this sort of delivery.  Last season, only 4 players managed 20+ goals in the Premier League - Salah, Aubameyang, Mane and Aguero.  The very, absolute cream of the crop.  That's the type who get 20+ goals.

We'd be doing well having a 10+ goal striker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18/19: Salah, Aubameyang, Mane, Aguero

17/18: Salah, Aguero, Kane, Vardy

16/17: Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero

15/16: Kane, Vardy, Aguero

We don't need a 20 goal a season striker. There are only 2 or 3 in the league that manage it consistently. We need someone to match our style of play, add ~12-15 goals and bring others into play successfully.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Chill with Bob Ross

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2db4356856766555

YW

What beautiful sleek hair and incredible melt your heart eyes.

The baby deer is quit cute also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

18/19: Salah, Aubameyang, Mane, Aguero

17/18: Salah, Aguero, Kane, Vardy

16/17: Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero

15/16: Kane, Vardy, Aguero

We don't need a 20 goal a season striker. There are only 2 or 3 in the league that manage it consistently. We need someone to match our style of play, add ~12-15 goals and bring others into play successfully.

Kane 3 season wonder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think with Wesley it's more about the fact he fits into our style of play I'm not expecting anywhere close to 20 goals. To me on the face of it he looks like he will get more involved, assist count pretty much suggests that too. Drop deep, hold it up etc He will be more than just someone standing at the edge of the box and waiting for the ball in my opinion. He has the physicality to do it here. Smith pretty much confirmed that in his interview too.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I think with Wesley it's more about the fact he fits into our style of play I'm not expecting anywhere close to 20 goals. To me on the face of it he looks like he will get more involved, assist count pretty much suggests that too. Drop deep, hold it up etc He will be more than just someone standing at the edge of the box and waiting for the ball in my opinion. He has the physicality to do it here. Smith pretty much confirmed that in his interview too.

Pretty much this.  I'm basically hoping for a quicker, more agile Benteke. 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was hoping he was too, interested to hear the man's views nonetheless.

I was absolutely serious, I just hope he isn’t snatched from our grasp with a huge money bid before the window SLAMS SHUT!! I’m sure you’d agree Andy.....

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hard to believe he was a drill sergeant before his TV painting career 

"I was the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work. The job requires you to be a mean, tough person. And I was fed up with it. I promised myself that if I ever got away from it, it wasn't going to be that way anymore." - Bob Ross