Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

14 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Hergazi and Mings would be a heavy weight central partnership! 

Not that taken on hergazi, couple of mates who boggies St holders said his position awareness is a bit suspect and clumsy 

• Like 1

Just now, Savo'sleftpeg said:

Not that taken on hergazi, couple of mates who boggies St holders said his position awareness is a bit suspect and clumsy 

He has a lot of fight and desire in him to be fair which sometimes can make up for any weakness. He was unbelievable in the second leg against us.

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You don't have to decide between an AML or AMR. I'm sure we will get both. I'd rather wait for the right time to go for benrahma, even if it right at the end of the window. 

Really you think? I'm not sure. We need still a starting CB, DM and GK. I think we'll only get one more after that which is likely to be a RW. More welcome.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has a lot of fight and desire in him to be fair which sometimes can make up for any weakness. He was unbelievable in the second leg against us.

I'll take my wb mates views they've seen him more than me 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Benrahma is definitely the nuts. That one is 100% Smith pushing the deal. He coached him for 3 or 4 months so saw how good he was behind the scenes and wants him in.

Remarkable he came from Ligue 2 football! These players are out there.

Mahrez and Kante came from Ligue 2 as well so did Kodjia

then again so did Yacouba Sylla so cant win them all :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mahrez and Kante came from Ligue 2 as well so did Kodjia

don-t-be-sad-cos-2-out-of-3-ain-t-bad-60

BBC are reporting that we are offering 10mil for this Egyptian Trezeguet. The BBC don't tend to report rumors so there seems to be something in this. Mentions Hegazi too. 

Villa are pursuing a £10m deal for Egypt midfielder Trezeguet, who plays for Kasimpasa in Turkey.

Trezeguet was in the Egypt team knocked out of the Africa Cup of Nations by South Africa in Cairo on Saturday.

Manager Smith and Villa sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch were in Cairo for the match as they explore a potential deal.

Smith and Pitarch also used the trip to Cairo to run the rule over another Aston Villa transfer target, West Bromwich Albion central defender Ahmed Hegazi, who figured in the shock defeat against South Africa.

• Like 1

I think we will break our transfer record again this summer on an attacking midfielder that can play the AM role and the RM/LM role. IMO it will be someone who can replace jack if he's injured. We cannot rely on him not picking up injuries given his role and what we have isn't good enough to replace him. I think it will be someone with the RM position their mainstay but with the capability to move centrally. 

Minimum amount of signings to go imo

1xGK

1xCB

1xDM

1XAM/RM

1xCF/ST

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Neymar failed to turn up to PSG training.

My lord that guy is just a tool, all that diving, play acting, drama, etc etc etc, i honestly wouldnt want him at Villa if he came for free, and i mean that, the guy is pond life.

No, on balance I would happily take him on a free......

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

What makes you think that? Hassan predominantly plays on the left. 

Well in the situation I illustrated, Benrahma would come in to play predominant at RW and we'd sign a striker like Leao who could play both LW and up top.  That would give balance and options either side.  But then thats just one of a thousand or more possibilities. 

I actually think it's a lot more likely that we'll sign Trézéguet than Benrahma... but like you say, the squad could accommodate both.

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Well in the situation I illustrated, Benrahma would come in to play predominant at RW and we'd sign a striker like Leao who could play both LW and up top.  That would give balance and options either side.  But then thats just one of a thousand or more possibilities. 

I actually think it's a lot more likely that we'll sign Trézéguet than Benrahma... but like you say, the squad could accommodate both.

I'm not so sure. I think El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Benrahma, Jota and Green is one too heavy for players in that sort of mould (not that they are all similar players but there isn't a lot of adaptable systems in that line up.) You basically confine yourself to 433/4231 and hope that a tricky winger can unlock the defence in every game.

Where as to your original point I think an Inside Forward type who can play both wide and up top is definitely more likely to be accommodated.

Anwar, Trezeguet, Jota, Green and Leao is more balanced than the same with Benrahma instead of Leao for me. As much as I want us to sign Benrahma, 4 wingers and a second Striker gives a better balance.

Edit: in an ideal world we'd sign Benrahma and Leao and have best of both but feels unlikely. Trezeguet feels like the one we'll get.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Lowish? The guy is just full of crap.

There’s no way you could know whether he is or isn’t. I guess that’s the joys of being a sport journalist - but purely from “lowish”? You wouldn’t know. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

BBC are reporting that we are offering 10mil for this Egyptian Trezeguet. The BBC don't tend to report rumors so there seems to be something in this. Mentions Hegazi too. 

BBC have a transfer rumours section although this is an article. I still think it's rubbish personally. As far as I'm aware Guardian has best success rate of reported transfers that happen at around 32%