Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Because of where we ended up last summer ? 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Because of where we ended up last summer ? 

No we wont!  Its competent owners V a total fraud!

Its that simple!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Need to add quality into midfield. Thinking someone deserves a chance because they played a part in getting us here is foolhardy and naive. Im talking about hourihane. We all know he won't be good enough next season. Wanting it and having desire - not enough at this level.

It's sad to say, but I think you're right . I think Johnny Giles was spot on, when he said hourihane is too cautious in his options with the ball at his feet. He seemed a lot more positive in the Derby game, I must admit, but can he do that consistently. 

Until today I completely forgot about the homegrown quota?  My understanding is that we require 8 homegrown players in our 25 man matchday squad.   

Is this part of the reason why we are looking at Butland, Mings, Webster, Targett, Phillips etc? 

Of the 17 non homegrown quota, we already have Guilbert, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley, Elmo, Kodjia, all of which will form part of the squad surely.  

Edited by ferguson1

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Now that BCFC have a bit of cash, I wonder if we could close the transfer circle by selling them Hogan for £15m? 🤫

Look, i know Hogan has not lived up to expectations, but he does not deserve that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Until today I completely forgot about the homegrown quota?  My understanding is that we require 8 homegrown players in our 25 man matchday squad.   

Is this part of the reason why we are looking at Butland, Mings, Webster, Targett, Phillips etc? 

Of the 17 non homegrown quota, we already have Guilbert, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley, Elmo, Kodjia, all of which will form part of the squad surely.  

Yeah the home grown in our squad could be:

Butland, Steer, hause, Grealish, targett,  Mings, Webster.

Still would need 1 more for English quota, but that could be green, Ramsey, Revan etc?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah the home grown in our squad could be:

Butland, Steer, hause, Grealish, targett,  Mings, Webster.

Still would need 1 more for English quota, but that could be green, Ramsey, Revan etc?

Don't think they have to be English in the homegrown quota?  Homegrown details:

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So Taylor, hourihane and lansbury would be homegrown then

Edited by Made In Aston

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

ye fair point, but still, those would be the only players like that at our club wouldnt they?

Maybe Elmo, chester and Taylor would fit that criteria?, 3 years at an english club?

maybe even jota, hes been in England 3+ years now hasnt he?

edit: wait ye, before 21.......so elmo, chester, taylor might not dunno?, Jota defo not.

edit edit:

Taylor is 30, been at walsall since 2007, so seems he would be classed as HG.

James chester is the same, Man Utd since 2007.

so the moral of the story is, our HG could be Steer, Chester, Mings, Hause, Taylor, Targett, Butland, Grealish.......thats 8 HGP in the squad, so the rest can literally all be foreign if we like....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ye fair point, but still, those would be the only players like that at our club wouldnt they?

Maybe Elmo, chester and Taylor would fit that criteria?, 3 years at an english club?

maybe even jota, hes been in England 3+ years now hasnt he?

You could be right with Elmo, Jota and perhaps Kodjia then?  I'm confused if we have enough already then in the current squad?   

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

You could be right with Elmo, Jota and perhaps Kodjia then?  I'm confused if we have enough already then in the current squad?   

i have edited my post that you quoted, its 3 years in english club before 21, so Taylor and Chester would qualify.

Elmo wouldnt as he came to the UK aged 20ish, so impossible to get it afaik?

Kodjia didnt come to Uk until he was 24/25 odd?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's sad to say, but I think you're right . I think Johnny Giles was spot on, when he said hourihane is too cautious in his options with the ball at his feet. He seemed a lot more positive in the Derby game, I must admit, but can he do that consistently. 

He’s also too 1 footed. It effects his decision making as he almost always needs to work the ball on to his left foot before he makes the next pass. He has some good attributes, we all know his left foot is very good, both for deliveries and striking the ball, but I believe his weaknesses will be exposed in the PL. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Is this new? Did teams like Man City and Arsenal meet this last season?

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this new? Did teams like Man City and Arsenal meet this last season?

Was there last season and been there for a while I believe? Could be wrong though.  

Edited by ferguson1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s also too 1 footed. It effects his decision making as he almost always needs to work the ball on to his left foot before he makes the next pass. He has some good attributes, we all know his left foot is very good, both for deliveries and striking the ball, but I believe his weaknesses will be exposed in the PL. 

I agree with all that, but I do think he has definitely improved under Smith. I also have doubts that he will be good enough for the PL, but I don't think we should be getting rid of players that are on the up, his ceiling might not be as low as feared.

• Like 1