Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

A mate of mine bumped into Dean Smith in Iceland earlier today. He asked him when we will be signing some new foreign talent. Smith said that he has a player flying in early tomorrow for talks and quoted the player saying "Ireland in Birmingham tomorrow morning and head starting to Bodymoor Heath for talks". 

Sorry guys! 🤪

Say wha

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's frightening. 

Look I'm a big fan of the Spurs model. Turning your medium sized signings into big money and reinvesting in the squad to build your way up the ladder. It makes sense from a footballing perspective, improve the 'product' on the pitch. It's a happy marriage.  

However from the outside it appears Brentford, owner and fans, are content swishing around in the championship making a fudge ton of money without progression, whilst simultaneously building a £70m stadium which only holds 17,000 people. 

It's complete lunacy. I get that they have never had it better on the pitch too, but it's ok to want more. To not squeal with delight when you sell your star winger or defender.

At some point they're going to fall on their arse IMO and I'll feel sorry for them for being sucked in. 

17k what is the point that is complete stupidity 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you get dividends or something? What a strange thing for fans to be pleased about. Profit. 

Fans are strange people, just like you are.

If we're looking for a right sided CB to play next to Mings then Jules Kounde looks like a right prospect. Comfortable with the ball at his feet. Only 20 years old. Hopefully our French scout has mentioned him. He looks phenomenal. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Oh god, five new pages and me thinking there were lots of new transfer news, instead I got some kind of tour around the world with puns. Screw you all!!! 

Tbf, it was hardly a tour. Russia, Hungary and Czech got used about 9 times each! 🙄

We have some funny-but-bloody-unoriginal bastards on VT.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

17k what is the point that is complete stupidity 

Land in West London is almost impossible to find, when you do it's a ridiculous price, the owner did not want to move far from Griffin Park and this was the only land available, Yes we could have found land cheaper about 25 odd miles away, imagine how your fans would feel if Villa moved 25 miles away from where they are, not happy I would imagine.

It will be a stadium complex open 365 days of the year, with corporate facilities and the like, we are renting it out to ground share with London Irish rugby club, this will generated a lot more income, Yes we would have all liked a bigger ground, but GP is so old and falling to bits something had to be done, I will miss the place because of the standing sections for home and away supporters, that's what a proper ground should be like, I'm an old school supporter.

Bourneouth have managed in the Premiership with a small ground, I can't see it being any different if we make it.

12 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Land in West London is almost impossible to find, when you do it's a ridiculous price, the owner did not want to move far from Griffin Park and this was the only land available, Yes we could have found land cheaper about 25 odd miles away, imagine how your fans would feel if Villa moved 25 miles away from where they are, not happy I would imagine.

It will be a stadium complex open 365 days of the year, with corporate facilities and the like, we are renting it out to ground share with London Irish rugby club, this will generated a lot more income, Yes we would have all liked a bigger ground, but GP is so old and falling to bits something had to be done, I will miss the place because of the standing sections for home and away supporters, that's what a proper ground should be like, I'm an old school supporter.

Bourneouth have managed in the Premiership with a small ground, I can't see it being any different if we make it.

Brentfords current stadium is 12.5k ish capacity isnt it?, 17k is a bit of a step up really?

Isnt your average attendance for the current season 10.5k ish?, so you dont sell out even a 12.5k stadium every week?

Do you think you will get more attendance at the new stadium?, i imagine the bigger games you would sell out, as 12.5k capacity with a 10.5k average attendance implies you do sell out a good amount of times?

I had to Russian to this thread with the post count so high, but it's all just Myanmar'd with terrible country puns 🙄 I've been racking my Bahrain trying to work out how the mods allow this? I ain't Ghana hang about since I need Togo and it's about time Iran off to the shop. Who Nauru it would get like this? Such a bad Oman for future discussions. I'm absolutely Napal'd with you VT'ers, Jamaican me crazy!

• Like 3

I wasn't going to comment as I'm sure I'll be accused of being a party pooper, but I'm sick and tired of all the nonsense in this thread.

If it doesn't stop soon, I'm going to leave this thread and I assure you all If I leave I'm never Ghana come back again.

I hope everyone thinks about this before their next post!

It's pointless taking any notice of who the  tabloids are linking us to, as our signings in the last two windows have shown they haven't really got a clue. Nevertheless The Mirror are linking us with a move for Rodriguez from Albion who has a £5m buyout clause.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Summer Transfer thread is weird.

thanks for Czech'ing in, would you like to come over for dinner?, there is Greece in the pan, we could have Turkey?, Iran home to prepare a meal for us, feel free to Russian over, if you dont come over i will have to Finnish your portion and im Ghana be mad.

Its hard to concentrate on this thread with all these nut jobs doing "country" jokes, im just China concentrate for gods sake!

Anyway, on to more important matters like transfers, how many do u think we goona sign?, 79?...Haiti?

This whole thread though...tbh....what a Spain in the arse.

• Like 1