Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just had a look on the main Leeds forum Waccoe, and they're having a meltdown over the possibility of Phillips leaving, they all seem to rate him as easily their best and most important player.

Have to have an account to view it 🙄 they seem to think he could make it in the prem then?

I wonder if we would actually get Phillips considering others teams being interested?

Also hasn't he been at Leeds his entire career?, do we think he would be interested in villa?

Just realised we might get some of our friendly Leeds fans back on here to tell us how we won't get him for less than £30m.

I'm still waiting for @BigRed to respond to me. He assured me they were going up and only ever didn't beat teams who sat incredibly deep against them. Yet them seem to have not gone up I'm confused.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Was very impressed with how Phillips dealt with Grealish in the game we do not speak of 

If you mean the 3-2 Jacko wasn't playing.

In the 1-1 he gave Jack a right kicking, stopped him through brutality only.

Would very much like this signing.

Phillips did look decent when we played them and is young, should be on the radar. Definitely wouldn't go to £20mil though as £14mil is about right. 

Agree Hernandez is quality but is too old now. Pontus Janssen however is a player who I think could step up to the Prem and should be on our radar as the right-sided CB we need.

21 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I like Butland, but I'd rather pay roughly £10-£15 for Etheridge than £25 for Butland. Of course, it's not my money!

Butland is a bit younger and does have a higher ceiling - though Etheridge was impressive last season. Cardiff rejected a £10mil bid recently from us so would be £15mil minimum I imagine. I would prefer Butland even if slightly more expensive as he could be our no.1 for the next 10 years and has significant resale value. Can't say for sure who we'll end up with though.

• Like 2