Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Percy knows his stuff. That bid has gone in.

Phillips is a right dirt bag. Don't think he's got much of a passing range but he's got legs and can really get in amongst other teams. The thought of playing against him and John McGinn in the same team makes my eyes water.

Agreed not much range, but he can do the simple things well. Quick mind. 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's a £5m release clause apparently so they don't have much choice in the letting or wanting him to go. But yeah I can't see them taking Hogan. Somebody will though, he's proven he can score in the Champ.. just 2/3 best teams in the league couldn't figure out how this year 🤣

might be proven to score in the championship, but honestly who is gonna want to pay his wages?, i cant see it happening unless we cover half of it at least.....

I've got no problem signing top championship players. 

We've got no chance of signing really good prem players and signing from the championship, to me, is less of a gamble than signing players from europe. 

• Like 3

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Kelvin Phillips is one intense human being. Lots of energy and can play football. I like him. 

'Villa looking to make a bid in a few weeks' according to Percy. Apparently he is in the midst of contract negotiations with Leeds, so this rumour looks like it may have come from his agent. 

• Like 1

The £5m release clause for Rodriguez is an unreliable narrative, it's £5m to release him, but then another £5m a year later according to John Percy's original article on the matter, so really he'd cost £10m. I can't say I believe that rumor anyway, just seems an obvious link for the media to make.

Edited by useless

That Percy article also mentions a move for Mings is unlikely until later this month and that Stoke want £25m for Butland (with Bournemouth also interested)... seems pretty steep, I wonder if Etheridge might be better value

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Agreed not much range, but he can do the simple things well. Quick mind. 

Yep, perfect. Brave in possession as well, he was constantly on the ball against us, moving it left and right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jdguitar said:

That Percy article also mentions a move for Mings is unlikely until later this month and that Stoke want £25m for Butland (with Bournemouth also interested)... seems pretty steep, I wonder if Etheridge might be better value

I like Butland, but I'd rather pay roughly £10-£15 for Etheridge than £25 for Butland. Of course, it's not my money!

Looking at the reaction on Twitter from Leeds fans in regards to the Phillips transfer is interesting. They seem to view him as their best player and are laughing about the £14m price tag the same way we did when Jack was rumoured to be sold for that much. Got a feeling it might take £20m+ to get him. 

I've just had a look on the main Leeds forum Waccoe, and they're having a meltdown over the possibility of Phillips leaving, they all seem to rate him as easily their best and most important player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Kalvin Phillipp(ine)s has been completely under the radar for me during the season, £14M? Loads of money that for a Championship player I've never heard of. What kind of player is he? Worth the money?

Defensive midfielder, breaks up play really well, tons of energy. Good player. Pretty much single handedly stopped Jack playing when we last played them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Defensive midfielder, breaks up play really well, tons of energy. Good player. Pretty much single handedly stopped Jack playing when we last played them.

Sounds good, but £14M is still quite much for that kind of player in the Championship. If we are shopping in Leeds I'd like us to go for Pablo Hernandez as well. Buy one get one.

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sounds good, but £14M is still quite much for that kind of player in the Championship. If we are shopping in Leeds I'd like us to go for Pablo Hernandez as well. Buy one get one.

Quality player but he’s turns 35 next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

He's getting on and won't be leaving Leeds, had a great season but couldn't last the full season and faded in the final games and had a poor end to the season. Mismanaged (should've been rested) and could do a job but we can't just take a whos-who of Championship players with us

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Pablo Hernandez is about 85 years old isn't he? Doesn't exactly fit the model we're going for with young hungry players.

£14m is kinda a lot, but not really for a player in his position. They're hard to find what he does.

I'd feel much better about us spending £20m on Phillips than I would Maupay.