Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Unfortunately we have to sell to survive, it's our major source of income, as we only have a limited ground capacity, hopefully when the new stadium is open next year the increase in attendance and revenue might put a stop to us selling our best players year on year. 

Why do you have to sell to survive? You have sold loads of players. You don't spend much on their replacements. What do you need more money for now? 

Are you sure you're not just getting mugged off and lapping it up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Unfortunately we have to sell to survive, it's our major source of income, as we only have a limited ground capacity, hopefully when the new stadium is open next year the increase in attendance and revenue might put a stop to us selling our best players year on year. 

Back to the kitchen sir , we will call you when we are ready for dinner to be served feeder club 😏

No but serious note do like how you're club has operated over past few years, think yee, may actually get over the line in next few years

On 09/06/2019 at 01:47, villabromsgrove said:

I've just come in after a great night out with family and friends, and browsed the Villa news before going to bed (as you do).

I have a question  .... who the F*ck are Birmingham Live, Hitc, Sports Witness, etc, etc?

A bunch of teenage bloggers trolling Forums such as VT, and trying to turn posts into "NEWS".

I've had enough of the clickbait shit that dominates News Now pretending to be 'NEWS'.

Let's get rid of the lying *****rs by refusing to click on their pathetic totally invented "NEWS'.

We do not need these parasites!

These low life need to have their collective arses kicked by Villa fans. They need to be told in no uncertain terms that they are bottom feeding scum.

Good night all.

i would be interested to see what you'd write after **** night out.😀

but your'e right.

On 09/06/2019 at 01:47, villabromsgrove said:

I've just come in after a great night out with family and friends, and browsed the Villa news before going to bed (as you do).

I have a question  .... who the F*ck are Birmingham Live, Hitc, Sports Witness, etc, etc?

A bunch of teenage bloggers trolling Forums such as VT, and trying to turn posts into "NEWS".

I've had enough of the clickbait shit that dominates News Now pretending to be 'NEWS'.

Let's get rid of the lying *****rs by refusing to click on their pathetic totally invented "NEWS'.

We do not need these parasites!

These low life need to have their collective arses kicked by Villa fans. They need to be told in no uncertain terms that they are bottom feeding scum.

Good night all.

i would be interested to see what you'd write after **** night out.😀

but your'e right.

• Like 1

I Kazakhstan this thread at the moment. 

I’m going to Czechia another thread to see if there are any more punathons I can Japan to. 

Im Hungary all of the Sudan. Hungary for more signings that is. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why do you have to sell to survive? You have sold loads of players. You don't spend much on their replacements. What do you need more money for now? 

Are you sure you're not just getting mugged off and lapping it up?

Building a new stadium is not cheap these days, especially in the London area, the cost of purchasing just the land alone is so much more than in the midlands and other regions. 

I don't think we are getting mugged off, we have made over £80 million in the last 3-4 years on players for an outlay of £8-£9 million, Think Hogan, who was mugged off there? 

And No, we don't want him back in P/EX 🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Building a new stadium is not cheap these days, especially in the London area, the cost of purchasing just the land alone is so much more than in the midlands and other regions. 

I don't think we are getting mugged off, we have made over £80 million in the last 3-4 years on players for an outlay of £8-£9 million, Think Hogan, who was mugged off there? 

I think by mugged off he means that as fans you have accepted the buy to sell line rather easily.

Of course you do because “it’s for the good of the club” but making the amount of profit you mention is very impressive are you sure it all goes back into the club?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I think what Mazrim means is, are you as fans being mugged off? It’s not a normal business, yes we all need money, but the point of a football club having money is to build a good football team. Within reason nobody cares about how much a club makes, they only care about what happens on the pitch. So making £80 million, is all well and good, but if Brentford FC exist only to make money, then surely that’s not great for the fans, who I would assume would prefer to get promoted and make less money. Provided of course the club makes enough to be sustainable. 

I agree that the fact you’re building a stadium is going to take a lot of cash and that the investment is a long term one. If that’s the long term aim then fair play. If the aim is to be a football player dealer, then ok those guys in charge are doing it very well, but there comes a point when fans want to see success on the pitch and not just in the accounts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

We all need money, but the point of a football club having money is to build a good football team.

No, no, no. It's to buy players and then sell them for five times the price and celebrate it like you've won something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

I think by mugged off he means that as fans you have accepted the buy to sell line rather easily.

Of course you do because “it’s for the good of the club” but making the amount of profit you mention is very impressive are you sure it all goes back into the club?

Beat me to it and put it much more succinctly. 

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Brentford's recruitment setup is one of the best in Europe relatively speaking. But it is no good if you can't build a team. There has to come a point where you have to take a few calculated risks to try and get promotion.

How about one year, not selling your best players and doing a Mel Morris by selling the stadium to yourself for example? What about outside investment? There must be another way, as the present situation is preventing you moving forward. 

• Like 1